Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
You realise the consequences of pressing that button, you want a nuclear apocalypse? The nuclear threat is there as a deterrent, so he's justified in renewing it but not wanting to use it.

No sane person wants a nuclear apocalypse. The very fact he wouldn't 'press the button' makes the whole policy pointless of MAD pointless.

Caporegime
Is Corbyn supposed to put everything he has ever believed in in his manifesto? That line of questioning was bizarre.

"I KNOW FOR A FACT YOU LIKE FLAMIN HOT MONSTER MUNCH - WHY IS THERE NO MENTION OF MONSTER MUNCH IN YOUR MANIFESTO?"

Not sure Paxman realises that a party isn't just a list of the personal beliefs of the party leader.

Soldato
No sane person wants a nuclear apocalypse. The very fact he wouldn't 'press the button' makes the whole policy pointless of MAD pointless.

I don't believe he said he wouldn't? He simply said he wouldn't want to.

In contrast, the PM "absolutely would" push the button. Heck, Michael Fallon has suggested she'd be prepared to fire first.

Soldato
I've sent in my postal vote for the Lib Dems this week. I voted for Dave's party last time round, but May and her snoopers charter BS and meddling in the energy market has turned me away.

Soldato
Corbyn's performance is poor at best. Vague and refusing to answer specific questions reverting to the old politicians trick of don't answer the question, just waffle about i'm sure it will be alright and if pressed go for "won't somebody think of the NHS and the poor" <insert practiced look of sincerity here>. If this is a measure of how he would negotiate with the professional politicians and apparatus of the EU in getting us a Brexit deal we'll be screwed to the wall and thanking the EU for not asking for more...

Caporegime
He's spineless. I wouldn't trust him at all to do what is necessary. A significant proportion of his own MPs think he's a joke and defy and undermine him.

I know this might sound strange but if another country nuked London I wouldn't really care that much if we got them back for it, because I'd have more pressing worries. I don't understand the frothing eagerness to nuke another country.

Corbyn's performance is poor at best. Vague and refusing to answer specific questions reverting to the old politicians trick of don't answer the question, just waffle about won't somebody think of the NHS and the poor <insert practiced look of sincerity here>. If this is a measure of how he would negotiate with the professional politicians and apparatus of the EU in getting us a Brexit deal we'll be screwed to the wall and thanking the EU for not asking for more...

Well here comes May to change things up a bi...oh.

Soldato
Corbyn's performance is poor at best. Vague and refusing to answer specific questions reverting to the old politicians trick of don't answer the question, just waffle about i'm sure it will be alright and if pressed go for "won't somebody think of the NHS and the poor" <insert practiced look of sincerity here>. If this is a measure of how he would negotiate with the professional politicians and apparatus of the EU in getting us a Brexit deal we'll be screwed to the wall and thanking the EU for not asking for more...

And this is who May refuses to debate. How's she going to handle the EU negotiations if she can't even handle Corbyn?

Caporegime
I know this might sound strange but if another country nuked London I wouldn't really care that much if we got them back for it, because I'd have more pressing worries. I don't understand the frothing eagerness to nuke another country.

But having nukes stops a country bombing the UK.

Who that war mongering country is... well that could be anyone... Kenya, Indonesia, Australia.

Soldato
If this is a measure of how he would negotiate with the professional politicians and apparatus of the EU in getting us a Brexit deal we'll be screwed to the wall and thanking the EU for not asking for more...

He'd do a damn sight better than May, who so far has managed to alienate most of the leading EU figures. What a way to win a negotiation, make enemies.7

You need somebody who is reasoned, cool-mannered, and open to compromise. All qualities he demonstrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom