Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given Corbyn has survived two labour coups and come out stronger than ever and he has really relaxed into this election because he isn't hiding and doesn't have to; I think he demonstrates better leadership qualities and political resilience than any of the alternatives right now.

I don't believe Labour and certainly not Corbyn & Co are credible when it comes to finances. They just muddle through or list from one disaster to the next borrowing along the way to paper over each crisis. Definitely not credible to negotiate a good Brexit deal, he'll just sell out to staying in the single market at whatever cost.

She wasn't ultra terrible... save for the Saudi commment which wasn't very thought through.

I complete agree with Tim's point of the anti-terrorism forces needed more physical / cash resources and less regulation / laws. Corbyn's rebuttal revealing TM's voting against anti terror legislation was awesome...

If we didn't sell arms to Saudi then the US would and have just done so.

May's a spent force. She's already soured the waters with the EU. Corbyn's a man of principles, I'd trust him more to negotiate a better deal than May who's already shown herself to be unreliable and easily swayed.

That's ironic considering May's position regaurding not taking part in the debates hasen't changed at all throughout the campaign. I think their is defineatly a bias going on in here. As from what I can see their isn't much difference between the two.

I'm still undecided who to vote for, both the main parties have considerable negatives

If we didn't sell arms to Saudi then the US would and have just done so.
It wasn't that we do sell them, it was more the flippancy of "yeah but it's good for the economy so meh."

She should have said it would be damaging to the economy to merely end sales but it was, for example, right to question where these weapons were ultimately going. Something along those lines to give even a flavour of ethics.

She wasn't ultra terrible... save for the Saudi commment which wasn't very thought through.

I complete agree with Tim's point of the anti-terrorism forces needed more physical / cash resources and less regulation / laws. Corbyn's rebuttal revealing TM's voting against anti terror legislation was awesome...

Yes his response was very good. Amber was trying a snarky comment and it backfired on her / May big time.
I cant believe what Amber said in regards to selling weapons to Saudi. I'm glad Caroline brought up the question. Awful response from Amber. If corbyn had said what Amber said you can guarentee it would be front page news.

I don't believe Labour and certainly not Corbyn & Co are credible when it comes to finances. They just muddle through or list from one disaster to the next borrowing along the way to paper over each crisis. Definitely not credible to negotiate a good Brexit deal, he'll just sell out to staying in the single market at whatever cost.

Will the public backlash if he goes against the will of the people?

If he commits to Brexit he will have followed through on 'the will of the people'. Nothing says that needs to include leaving the single market etc. to be 'the will of the people'.

It wasn't that we do sell them, it was more the flippancy of "yeah but it's good for the economy so meh."

She should have said it would be damaging to the economy to merely end sales but it was, for example, right to question where these weapons were ultimately going. Something along those lines to give even a flavour of ethics.

It is good for the economy and something were quite good at which is why countries want to buy from us. We've got to export stuff, Labour increasing Corporation Tax wont grow the economy neither will the Libs. At a time when were facing a period of slower growth as a result of Brexit the last thing we want is to turn business away from establishing themselves here.

Any backlash will make little difference to any government. It won't be sold to people like that, we'll be told that it wasn't possible to get X or Y without agreeing to Z, then they'll flounder to make a decision followed by a crisis in the markets and in order to stem that crisis Labour will agree to a bad deal because their incompetent.

It is good for the economy and something were quite good at which is why countries want to buy from us. We've got to export stuff, Labour increasing Corporation Tax wont grow the economy neither will the Libs. At a time when were facing a period of slower growth as a result of Brexit the last thing we want is to turn business away from establishing themselves here.

Weird, I seem to remember the economy growing when the Tories had it at 28%. Labour are putting it back to 26%.

I am concious of the corporation tax hikes but I'm sceptical it will be truly damaging when offset against other incentives of investing here - what I think is a real bogus move is the Robin Hood tax proposed by Labour... if that is unilaterally imposed in the UK that could be really seriously damaging in light of brexit.

The manifesto pledges to end freedom of movement so no single market.

As many a Leave voter has pointed out in the past, that's not true.

There's a difference between being a member of the single market, and having access to the single market. Plenty of nations have access to the single market, without being members of it. The Labour Manifesto simply calls for retaining the benefits of the single market and the customs union.

If he commits to Brexit he will have followed through on 'the will of the people'. Nothing says that needs to include leaving the single market etc. to be 'the will of the people'.

The will of the people voted Brexit for control of borders and immigration as it was key to the Brexit campaign, not just leaving the EU, it was all part of the reason for wanting to leave the EU. If that means leaving the single market then that may be what is required to deliver on not having freedom of movement but that is down to how the EU negotiations go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom