Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Maybe the tories don't want to win ?!
It does start to creep into your mind that they know Brexit will be a complete disaster and are trying to orchestrate a 'surprising' loss to Labour, let them crash and burn with it and then reappear in 5 years to save the day and blag another 10 to 15 years with everyone blaming labour for the Brexit catastrophe, like they blame them for the global recession now :p

Man of Honour
Never really liked Corbyn, but in recent months....the more he handles the salty media and backlash (and how he does it) the more I think he could be a breath of fresh air.

He doesn't care what people think of him.

I also think he would have more chance of making headway in EU negotiations by actually being able to communicate with all the other lefties.

Breath of fresh air? tonight he couldn't have been more of a drab politician if he tried - his closing remarks summed it up.

Soldato
Jesus. Just caught the Tories party broadcast on BBC1.

What a load of ****. Absolutely zero substance, basically just saying "well you don't want Corbyn do you..".

Soldato
Angus Robertson is the leader of the parliamentary SNP at Westminster. Has shown he is more than capable at holding his own.

Why should Sturgeon jump in now when he has been running the show down there since the last election. She didn't refuse to take part, she left it in the capable hands of someone who is up to the job and didn't undermine his position or role. Not to mention she is not an elected MP or standing to be one.

No where near what May did

Soldato
great the who i side with really enjoyed it

I sided 70% with labour 69% with Lib Dems and 66% with SNP

Then plaid cymru, sinn fein green libertarians and then in 7th place with 46% Conservative.

Very accurate. If I could vote I'd vote nationalist as I'm a peaceful hippy :D

Permabanned
what a completely pathetic headline to disguise the routing of May today

Ive always known how right wing our press in the country is... but its not even hidden anymore. With the Daily Mail, the Sun and Telegraph ... the tories can do no wrong. That was a poor porformance by Amber and yet all thats reported is how 'unfair' the debate was to her...
At least the like of the Guardian critise corbyn in areas.

Soldato
Tim Farron provided a couple of decent sound bites tonight, but as a Lib Dem voter in the past I couldn't possibly vote again for a party that tore up the manifesto they campaigned on just to grab a power share, and in the process enable the austerity policies that shaped the Tory party we now suffer today.

They ripped it out of me once before, and I'll never fall for that again. Nick Clegg destroyed their credibility.

Caporegime
Breath of fresh air? tonight he couldn't have been more of a drab politician if he tried - his closing remarks summed it up.
We really do need to ditch FPTP. Somehow. Anyhow.

In my position, I really would take anyone over the Tories or UKIP. Even the Monster Raving Party :p

But that leaves me only being able to vote Labour. Now I like Corbyn, but probably have more leaning toward the Green party. Can't vote for them, tho. Can't vote Lib Dems because they're clearly still on the wane, as the local elections show. Still losing seats/councillors. Still being punished for the coalition.

Corbyn isn't perfect, but he's much, much preferable to May. And that's pretty much the only decision in town.

Soldato
Tim Farron provided a couple of decent sound bites tonight, but as a Lib Dem voter in the past I couldn't possibly vote again for a party that tore up the manifesto they campaigned on just to grab a power share, and in the process enable the austerity policies that shaped the Tory party we now suffer today.

They ripped it out of me once before, and I'll never fall that again. Nick Clegg destroyed they're credibility.

In the nicest possible way - you need to move on. They didn't "rip up their manifesto". They negotiated and got some of their manifesto through, while preventing the Tories getting some of theirs through. There were compromises on both sides, that's how a coalition works.

Caporegime
I do feel that if you think the Lib Dems abandoned their principles as soon as they got a sniff of power then you should observe what unrestrained Tories have looked like for the past couple of years.

Soldato
I'm fairly sure agreed to coughing up the £100bn to the EU again because he knows he won't be negotiating brexit. The whole Labour campaign is a fraud.

The only thing that's a fraud is your posts. What £100bn? Are you talking about the fantasy figure plucked out of the air by a Financial Times journalist?

Suspended
That Daily Mail headline is ridiculous.

All the audience did was respond to what was said by the candidates.

Even Paul Nuttal got a round of applause for saying people who come back from Syria should be refused re-entry to the country.

Rudd got nothing.

Soldato
tumblr_oqu6vz_EH7w1u5f06vo1_1280.jpg

Very true, that Audience should have been split in general, quite clearly wasn't.

Caporegime
In the nicest possible way - you need to move on. They didn't "rip up their manifesto". They negotiated and got some of their manifesto through, while preventing the Tories getting some of theirs through. There were compromises on both sides, that's how a coalition works.

indeed and it was a pretty decent government as a result... people seem to completely miss that they were the much smaller partner in that coalition - much better to try and do something in government than simply shout from the sidelines as secondary opposition party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom