Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I personally think May has misjudged the population badly. She called an election at the right time, but thought it was so in the bag it was a "good day to bury bad news" and she'd still walk it.
I think the crazy Ed energy price caps and ingeritance estate grab may well just be the nails in her coffin.
Stupid woman, it was there to be lost and she might just have done it.

I was a staunch Tory voter until a couple of weeks ago, now I'm potentially up for grabs... just not by the Lib Dems.

Man of Honour
I'll concede on the general point that they got aspects of the manifesto through, but in my opinion they sold out and I'm not the only former Lib Dem voter who felt that way, which is why they got annihilated at the ballot box afterwards.

In seats they held though, most people switched to the Tories, that's why they lost the South West.

Soldato
He **** all of us, then walked away.

Now he doesn't even answer our calls.

I'd agree I'd have Cameron back over May. All makes for an interesting GE at least but could never vote for Labour with Corbyn in charge with his history. Be interesting is he actually won then we'd see how he actually is going to pay for the Xmas givaway.

Soldato
All May is doing is antagonising the other EU members and warming the public up for a "no deal"

when you wont tell anyone what your plans are for Brexit, you cant use to persuade people to vote for you,
all labour had to say was "we accept brexit and will get the best deal" and they have matched everything the Tories are saying on the subject

Soldato
I'll concede on the general point that they got aspects of the manifesto through, but they in my opinion they sold out and I'm not the only former Lib Dem voter who felt that way, which is why they got annihilated at the ballot box afterwards.

Unfortunately too many Lib Dem voters are fixated on tuition fees and nothing else. It's nonsensical. Some additional things the Lib Dems did, everyone has the right to request flexible working, maternity and paternity leave is now shared, ending hidden charges by airlines, banning private sector wheel clamping, regulations on home insulation and providing grants to improve homes with insulation, scrapping the Home Information Packs.

The Lib Dems never were, and never will be a single issue party. Like I say, move on.

Edit: actually, I'd be interested to understand why you think they sold out?

Permabanned
All May is doing is antagonising the other EU members and warming the public up for a "no deal"

when you wont tell anyone what your plans are for Brexit, you cant use to persuade people to vote for you,
all labour had to say was "we accept brexit and will get the best deal" and they have matched everything the Tories are saying on the subject

Like I've previously mentioned.... All I hear from may, amber, Boris and other tories is how important getting a good deal from the EU is.

They have gone on about it sooo much... To the extent of saying if we don't get a good deal our economy is ruined....it sounds like they would not get the kind of brexit that the brexit voters want.

Even as a remain voter I wouldn't trust the tories to deliver what leavers voted for. Dare I say.... Even corbyn was more direct in saying what he wants from the EU. There's a reason why Theresa isn't stating what she will negotiate for. Its not keeping her cards close to her chest. Its because she's about to screw a lot of people over.

Soldato
Like I've previously mentioned.... All I hear from may, amber, Boris and other tories is how important getting a good deal from the EU is.

They have gone on about it sooo much... To the extent of saying if we don't get a good deal our economy is ruined....it sounds like they would not get the kind of brexit that the brexit voters want.

Even as a remain voter I wouldn't trust the tories to deliver what leavers voted for. Dare I say.... Even corbyn was more direct in saying what he wants from the EU. There's a reason why Theresa isn't stating what she will negotiate for. Its not keeping her cards close to her chest. Its because she's about to screw a lot of people over.

I don't think a lot of Brexit voters knew what they were voting for other than 'leave the EU'.

There was little-to-no comprehension about tariff-free market access and the implicit relationship to freedom of movement, or the customs union.

So when you say 'the kind of Brexit the Brexit voters wanted' what kind of Brexit are you referring to?

Permabanned
I don't think a lot of Brexit voters knew what they were voting for other than 'leave the EU'.

There was little-to-no comprehension about tariff-free market access and the implicit relationship to freedom of movement, or the customs union.

So when you say 'the kind of Brexit the Brexit voters wanted' what kind of Brexit are you referring to?

Well I know everyone voted for different reasons. The ones that were the loudest want to pay no bill... Want to follow no European laws, some dont want any form of relationship with them. Some dont want any immigration at all.

Soldato
1) Personal tax allowance
2) Tackling offshore tax avoidance
3) Pension triple lock (correct, that wasn't a Tory idea!)
4) Flexibility to access pension fund

I'm not going further through the Lib Dem manifesto though. That's just some examples.

Edit: sorry, one more as I was about to close. The Banking Levy was their idea too, they managed to get a lot of stuff in with the Tories. No wonder they've started lowering it since the end of the coalition!

They also brought in shared parental leave, something I'm incredibly grateful about.

Soldato
*If* this goes to a hung parliament, what coalitions do our learned members feel might we see emerging?

Can't see Lib-Dems working with the Tories again and I believe Labour and SNP have publicly stated they would not entertain a formal arrangement. Who would prop the Tories up - UKIP I guess if they actually managed to win any seats (unlikely) or the NI Unionists.

Soldato
Well I know everyone voted for different reasons. The ones that were the loudest want to pay no bill... Want to follow no European laws, some dont want any form of relationship with them. Some dont want any immigration at all.

People like you are funny, categorising leavers like you do and talking about them like they are stupid. Just because they have different agendas to you.
Whos to say why remainers voted the way they did? But no one is psuedo dissecting that...

Permabanned
Did you not read what I just put. I just said I know a lot of people voted for different reason but specifically stated that the loudest leave voters Voted for those reasons that I know of. So you can call me funny all you want. Where did I say leavers were stupid. Stop putting words in my mouth you moron

Soldato
Like I said, why isnt anyone dissecting the reasons remainers voted the way they did?
People like you clibly talk about "leavers" like they are some sort of one minded idetintity.
I just wish left wingers could accept a result that goes against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom