Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Take it up with ComRes then, they did the audience selection.

The likes of the Mail are bricking it because their favoured party is going to drop the whole Leveson thing. They know which hand feeds them.

Soldato
Which aspects of their manifesto did they get through? :confused:

1) Personal tax allowance
2) Tackling offshore tax avoidance
3) Pension triple lock (correct, that wasn't a Tory idea!)
4) Flexibility to access pension fund

I'm not going further through the Lib Dem manifesto though. That's just some examples.

Edit: sorry, one more as I was about to close. The Banking Levy was their idea too, they managed to get a lot of stuff in with the Tories. No wonder they've started lowering it since the end of the coalition!

Permabanned
Are you really saying that was split audience? Mad!

He's not wrong in what he said. Perhaps they were neutral on many subjects and that amber just said the wrong thing. Of course.... That would not be the narrative they want to push because the right wing media certainly have an agenda here.... The tories can do no wrong.

Like the poster said... I found myself agreeing with Paul on a number of things (foriegn policy, investment etc) and so did the live audience ... As proved by the applause he received.

Mobster
Soldato
We got the same "bias" accusations in 2015. Seemed perfectly balanced to me (Conservative voter most likely over here) - what did the Tories expect when their leader didn't turn up!!!

Will be interesting to see if Corbyn goes up more after it - I thought he did quite well.

Caporegime
I always believed May would resign before Brexit as she couldn't go through with it. Perhaps rather than resign she's hoping to get kicked out.

You do have to wonder because they've made some incredibly stupid decisions thus far and I don't believe May is a dumb woman.

The knives will be out for her regardless of the result.

Soldato
1) Personal tax allowance
2) Tackling offshore tax avoidance
3) Pension triple lock (correct, that wasn't a Tory idea!)
4) Flexibility to access pension fund

I'm not going further through the Lib Dem manifesto though. That's just some examples.

Edit: sorry, one more as I was about to close. The Banking Levy was their idea too, they managed to get a lot of stuff in with the Tories. No wonder they've started lowering it since the end of the coalition!

I'll concede on the general point that they got aspects of the manifesto through, but in my opinion they sold out and I'm not the only former Lib Dem voter who felt that way, which is why they got annihilated at the ballot box afterwards.

Soldato
As much as you may disagree with what the Lib Dems did back in 2010, if you're in a marginal seat like me there really is only one choice to keep the Conservatives out.

I'm perfectly happy to vote tactically if my first-choice party doesn't stand a hope in hell of getting elected.

Soldato
Cleggy took the best option - a chance to moderate the Tories crazier stuff and get a few of his own ideas in, rather than the other choices of either an insane rainbow coalition which would never have even got started, or a second election with the smaller parties (inc his own) all getting wiped out entirely

Associate
I'll concede on the general point that they got aspects of the manifesto through, but in my opinion they sold out and I'm not the only former Lib Dem voter who felt that way, which is why they got annihilated at the ballot box afterwards.

They didn't have much choice, afterall they were the smaller party. The other option would have ment getting nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom