Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobster
Soldato
*If* this goes to a hung parliament, what coalitions do our learned members feel might we see emerging?

Can't see Lib-Dems working with the Tories again and I believe Labour and SNP have publicly stated they would not entertain a formal arrangement. Who would prop the Tories up - UKIP I guess if they actually managed to win any seats (unlikely) or the NI Unionists.

Labour and SNP say they won't but it's pretty clear that they would. They were being quite kind to Corbyn tonight.

Permabanned
Like I said, why isnt anyone dissecting the reasons remainers voted the way they did?
People like you clibly talk about "leavers" like they are some sort of one minded idetintity.
I just wish left wingers could accept a result that goes against them.

Read my comment above. For the third time... I said I know many voted for different reasons ' and only mentioned those that are the loudest. I'm done talking to you as your clearly just looking for an argument and are purposely selective reading to cause some kind of commotion.

Caporegime
ah you're right the tally match when hovering over the likes etc..... I could swear that the previous one they did though was deliberately rigged (didn't match the tallys) and had people blowing up in the comments

Soldato
*If* this goes to a hung parliament, what coalitions do our learned members feel might we see emerging?

Can't see Lib-Dems working with the Tories again and I believe Labour and SNP have publicly stated they would not entertain a formal arrangement. Who would prop the Tories up - UKIP I guess if they actually managed to win any seats (unlikely) or the NI Unionists.

It depends on numbers. Without a majority, I think the Tories will find things incredibly difficult. The Lib Dems are unlikely to side with them under Tim Farron. And enlisting the help of the DUP doesn't seem like the best idea; it won't sit well with other NI parties if they feel the DUP are receiving undue influence.

With Labour, it's difficult to see how they could proceed without the SNP's help. That could get complicated, as the government wouldn't hold a majority when it comes to matters only concerning England. In anything that falls under EVEL, the Conservative Party would have free reign to do as they wish.

In the event of a hung Parliament, unless Labour come very close to a majority (close enough that the Lib Dems and the Greens can make up the numbers), I reckon we'll have another election within a year.

Caporegime
ah you're right the tally match when hovering over the likes etc..... I could swear that the previous one they did though was deliberately rigged (didn't match the tallys) and had people blowing up in the comments

iuf they wanted to rig it (or anyone did) they could just buy likes

Soldato
I personally think May has misjudged the population badly. She called an election at the right time, but thought it was so in the bag it was a "good day to bury bad news" and she'd still walk it.
I think the crazy Ed energy price caps and ingeritance estate grab may well just be the nails in her coffin.
Stupid woman, it was there to be lost and she might just have done it.

I was a staunch Tory voter until a couple of weeks ago, now I'm potentially up for grabs... just not by the Lib Dems.

As remarkable as labour's comeback has been, given UKIP voters are voting tory and that without scotland labour are seriously hurt, I cannot see anything at absolute best for them more than a hung parliament. Of course may went into this election thinking she would landslide such was her confidence, and she would have done if she didnt approach the election with such arrogance. I think the most likely result is a small tory majority, it might increase from what it is now but I dont expect a significant change.

Now in my area, the labour party are claiming they worried, (traditional safe seat), last night I looked at the 2015 results, and labour won with a 6k majority, however 4k voted UKIP and tories came second, so adding UKIP votes to tory thats down to 2k. I can see maybe why they worried, but traditionally they have a 10-15k majority here, so I expect they bottomed out in 2015 and will still win this time round with at least 5k majority.

Personally I am not voting as I consider first past the post anti democratic.

Soldato
That Daily Mail headline is ridiculous.

All the audience did was respond to what was said by the candidates.

Even Paul Nuttal got a round of applause for saying people who come back from Syria should be refused re-entry to the country.

Rudd got nothing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs/the_papers

Notice that all the tory papers have managed to get messages from May, so she couldnt make a TV debate but has time to pass on a message for her press to push out to the masses. The Sun, Daily Mail and others all are quoting her.

Associate
Didnt watch the debate but stand out line from JC on news about foodbanks and homeless people sleeping ouside our stations, and he is right, its like going back to the Thatcher era, i haven't seen so many rough sleepers living in box's since the 80's.

Soldato
Didnt watch the debate but stand out line from JC on news about foodbanks and homeless people sleeping ouside our stations, and he is right, its like going back to the Thatcher era, i haven't seen so many rough sleepers living in box's since the 80's.
Well I work in packaging so every cloud;). On a serious note the country is in a mess, the Tories don't care and never have so Corbyn gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom