Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
They keep spouting this strongest government message for the negotiations but how much egg on her face does TM stand to have if she fails to get a majority government.

Soldato
I don't know about anyone else but I've been fingers in the ears I'm not listening vote for Tory since the start. However, with May not turning up - even the Wales Tory guy didn't up to the Wales debate, it's making me think can I really vote for a party so far up it's own bottom it won't make the effort. It's like they thought this would be a slam dunk and have proceeded to balls it up fairly spectacularly.

My only problem is that although I've warmed to Corbyn I simply can't vote Labour. They have nothing in their manifesto that even slightly appeals to me. I also believe they will bloat the public sector and make the UK debt even worse. I also don't feel Labour has really provided any substance as to how they will handle Brexit.

Lib Dem and Tim Farron aren't really strong enough to lead but might be a temper to an off the reigns Tory government if we end up with a coalition.
I'm in this very same boat. Get the wacky backy brigade in with a coalition agreement to bang out untold seasons of #cake bake off to dumb down the inevitable misery that Brexit will bring.

Suspended
The crowd was extremely left wing biased. Cheering and clapping at anything and everything Corbyn said, even booing the person asking the questions when trying to push Corbyn

Not true, he certainly didn't get cheers and a round of applause for "anything and everything" he said, sometimes he said stuff with no audience reaction at all.

I think it was just people genuinely responding to what was being said at the time, as mentioned even Paul Nuttall got a round of applause for his comments about people coming back from places like Syria having their citizenship terminated.

Rudd got no positive reaction because even a dyed in the wool tory would have to say she didn't present a convincing position about anything.

Permabanned
I don't know about anyone else but I've been fingers in the ears I'm not listening vote for Tory since the start. However, with May not turning up - even the Wales Tory guy didn't up to the Wales debate, it's making me think can I really vote for a party so far up it's own bottom it won't make the effort. It's like they thought this would be a slam dunk and have proceeded to balls it up fairly spectacularly.

My only problem is that although I've warmed to Corbyn I simply can't vote Labour. They have nothing in their manifesto that even slightly appeals to me. I also believe they will bloat the public sector and make the UK debt even worse. I also don't feel Labour has really provided any substance as to how they will handle Brexit.

Lib Dem and Tim Farron aren't really strong enough to lead but might be a temper to an off the reigns Tory government if we end up with a coalition.

Have the Conservatives provided anything of substance for handling Brexit? Other than "vote for me, strong, stable, I will be great at Brexit"

Man of Honour
Ok let's examine this as I keep hearing it.

Who exactly are our nukes deterring?

We have no idea for 100% sure what the world will look like in 10, 20 or 30 years from now and you can't just build defensive capabilities over night reactively to threats. While in the current climate it seems highly unlikely France for instance has one of the more powerful armed forces in the world and also has nukes, you can't just ignore that defensively however peaceful things seem.

Caporegime
Have the Conservatives provided anything of substance for handling Brexit? Other than "vote for me, strong, stable, I will be great at Brexit"

Just that no deal is better than a bad deal, basically preparing the way for May to stick two fingers up to any demands from the EU and simple walk away not actually negotiating anything.

We have no idea for 100% sure what the world will look like in 10, 20 or 30 years from now and you can't just build defensive capabilities over night reactively to threats. While in the current climate it seems highly unlikely France for instance has one of the more powerful armed forces in the world and also has nukes, you can't just ignore that defensively however peaceful things seem.

It's not exactly working out well for France though is it.

Man of Honour
The crowd was extremely left wing biased. Cheering and clapping at anything and everything Corbyn said, even booing the person asking the questions when trying to push Corbyn
That is factually untrue - they weren't whooping at everything he said and actually all parties, save for the conservatives, got applause - even UKIP. I think SNP got the most applause tbh.

Rudd had an uphill battle for sure but then she is the party in power and is an easy target.

Corbyns points that were cheered were emotional / principle ones that were hard to disagree with (I.e it's 'bad' that disabled people have face cuts.... I mean who can actually disagree with that). The costing of his ideas is a completely different game.

I do wonder how the world must look through such biased eyes....

I have already stated I don't know who I'm voting for yet but at this rate it will probably be green. I've previously voted conservative.

Soldato
And yet, they clapped at some of Nuttalls points...
Maybe people really are not impressed with the way the Torys are playing this.

Caporegime
That is factually untrue - they weren't whooping at everything he said and actually all parties, save for the conservatives, got applause - even UKIP. I think SNP got the most applause tbh.

Rudd had an uphill battle for sure but then she is the party in power and is an easy target.

Corbyns points that were cheered were emotional / principle ones that were hard to disagree with (I.e it's 'bad' that disabled people have face cuts.... I mean who can actually disagree with that). The costing of his ideas is a completely different game.

I do wonder how the world must look through such biased eyes....

I have already stated I don't know who I'm voting for yet but at this rate it will probably be green. I've previously voted conservative.

And yet, they clapped at some of Nuttalls points...
Maybe people really are not impressed with the way the Torys are playing this.

I think people were expecting the crowd to boo those things as it's not what Tory voters want.

Soldato

Only that I believe the "Hard Brexit" stance of the Tory party is a ruse to win votes. All this no deal is better than a bad deal is setting us up (IMO). The actual outcome I suspect won't be "that" influenced by which party actually leads the process.

Soldato
US companies keep their profits offshore and do not pay dividends in order to avoid US corporation tax @ 35%, look at Apple and its cash mountain for an example. Ireland, on the other hand, has low corporate taxation and a lot of high-skilled jobs as companies put their EU HQ's in Cork and Dublin.

I'm an Apple shareholder. Apple started paying dividends several years ago after their share price started to level off. The decision to pay dividend wasn't based on the corporation tax rate but on Apple having so much money that it didn't know what to do with it all.

Money kept abroad by US corporations has already been taxed locally. I can see their point about wanting a tax holiday as the whole US tax system is weird on money earned abroad (ask any poor American working in the UK).

Soldato
Only that I believe the "Hard Brexit" stance of the Tory party is a ruse to win votes. All this no deal is better than a bad deal is setting us up (IMO). The actual outcome I suspect won't be "that" influenced by which party actually leads the process.
They want the ukip vote, but that's not really anything to be proud of...

Soldato

So in essence your answer is no one, which is the truth. Ultimately the US and Russia are the players in this game and everyone else (bar perhaps China) it's a complete waste of time and it's not a deterrent at all.

Using the ludicrous example of Russia deciding to Nuke us, they can wipe out the whole country the return risk being the loss of perhaps a single city. If they were dead set on wiping us out any military commander would see that as an easy and justifiable sacrifice to win.

It's embarrassing that we as a nation seem to believe the thing is worthwhile, it is not.

Caporegime
I didn't watch the debate last night but just seen this quote from the BBC site.
Tim Farron: "Where do you think Theresa May is tonight? Take a look out your window, she might be out there sizing up your house to pay for your social care"

Didn't realise he had it in him, that's actually pretty good :p

Soldato
May has effectively done a Hillary Clinton and gone into this taking it for granted that she has already won and we all saw how that one turned out. It's actually a disgrace that may is treating the electorate like a bunch of unwashed morons who will simply lap her **** up and just turn up and vote. She is completely out of touch with pretty much the whole population apart from the die hard vote Tory toffs and that's why she is chasing the UKIP vote as she will need that 4million strong group of racists to get her back into no.10, especially after disenfranchising the silver voter earlier this month.

Associate
Ok let's examine this as I keep hearing it.

Who exactly are our nukes deterring?

Couldn't put this any better myself.

Associate
May has effectively done a Hillary Clinton and gone into this taking it for granted that she has already won and we all saw how that one turned out. It's actually a disgrace that may is treating the electorate like a bunch of unwashed morons who will simply lap her **** up and just turn up and vote. She is completely out of touch with pretty much the whole population apart from the die hard vote Tory toffs and that's why she is chasing the UKIP vote as she will need that 4million strong group of racists to get her back into no.10, especially after disenfranchising the silver voter earlier this month.

I agree with you that she has done a Hillary. But i disagree with your statement that all UKIP supporters are racists, yes there is a core them who may well be, but a lot of them are just nationalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom