• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
OP
Yeah I’ve had pascal for a good while now and it’s always good to have some shiny shiny :p :D.

I’m hoping for a good chunk of performance being Ti to Ti.

20% I think your expecting too low. The 1080Ti is 471mm2 whereas the 2080Ti is 775mm2 :o

Put that with new Gddr6 and architecture I think it will be quite a bit faster.

Fingers crossed...but I would be clenching or pre clenching butt cheeks first :p

Associate
I want to buy a new card but I'm struggling to see the benefit of this new gen - as far as I can tell my 1080ti is perfect for VR and I don't really do any other gaming.

Soldato
Well I bought a gaming laptop 6 months ago, so the chances are very low, even if I go eGPU. THe prices are just extortionate at the moment; and ultimately I do hope Nvidia realise they will be pushing more people away from gaming and damaging the market if they keep pushing prices higher and higher.

Gone are the days where you could get a decent gaming card £100-150 (even if not top end).

Associate
I need a mega long USB cable so I mainly use the controller, but it's pretty much just like a PC without the settings menu. Freesync just works.

had not seen any official new about keyboard and mouse support there was one thing last month about it may come by the end of the year

Associate
To be honest unless you Game at 4K this card inst really going to benefit you.

1080Ti at 2k 1440p ultra plays pretty much every Game at 60fps no problems with High and ultra settings so no reason to upgrade just yet! I'll prob leave it a good year and wait for the next generation.

This card is mainly aimed at 4k gamers and the price ! Well just a little expensive.... & 4K gaming isnt all that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate it when I need to choose one out of some the things I would like to buy :(

2080ti
Note 9 + the new Samsung smart watch
OLED TV
gazebo to go over my hot tub
Chip to increase my car performance
Aftermarket Exhaust for my car
New bicycle to replace my stolen one

Back
Top Bottom