• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Posted this in other thread, but what do you guys think?

Things are starting to come out now. This is what I am seeing around the tinterweb, whether it's true or not I wouldn't like to say xD

People are suggesting Volta was a failure (Poor Volta), design / yields. Absolute mess. Not suitable for gaming / profits..

Nvidia in panic, made Pascal revision* strapped on some ray tracking stuff and charged us almost double the price for the privilege.

Knowing their fan base would lap it up anyway.

Meanwhile trying to tie up journos with very long NDA's, and lock in vendors to restrict advertising of competitors.

Nvidia in absolute panic mode.

This whole guff about 10 years in the making and all the focus on ray tracing is to distract from being not much faster than current Pascal.

At launch, no FPS / game performance mentioned. Just guff about ray tracing. No comparison to existing cards in a traditional sense. For the first time.

Interesting stuff.

Intel plz come and save the DGPU space...

Things are starting to come out now. This is what I am seeing around the tinterweb, whether it's true or not I wouldn't like to say xD

People are suggesting Volta was a failure (Poor Volta), design / yields. Absolute mess. Not suitable for gaming / profits..

Nvidia in panic, made Pascal revision* strapped on some ray tracking stuff and charged us almost double the price for the privilege.

Meanwhile trying to tie up journos with very long NDA's, and lock in vendors to restrict advertising of competitors.

This whole guff about 10 years in the making and all the focus on ray tracing is to distract from being not much faster than current Pascal.

At launch, no FPS / game performance mentioned. Just guff about ray tracing. No comparison to existing cards in a traditional sense. For the first time.

Interesting stuff.

Interesting stuff.

There are no benchmarks because the performance will be underwhelming. Hell, they couldn't even show a "best case" improvement!

Its clearly pascal with Ray sideshow, sorry. "tracing" cores bolted on. Yet the usual suspects lap it up.

Nvidia want to force Ray tracing on devs so that in the future people have to buy nvidia.

Interesting stuff.

It doesn't matter how many times you post it, you're a nutter who'll end up with a 2xxx series GPU in your rig within the next year.

missed the poll but ill sit this round out - the TI is just crazy money.

Without any benchmarks why the hell would anyone pre-order? the mind boggles!

I suppose the most saddening part of these cards is why can't £1200 deliver everything we have dreamed of and more?

Everything seems to have been primed for Nvidia to knock this out of the park.

I will pick up a 2080Ti for my HTPC rig to replace the 1080Ti in their, but waiting to see what the Strix model pans out like. But will keep the trio of 1080Ti's in main rig for now then possibly replace them all with a bunch of 2080Ti's or just wait for next gen if 7nm is as close as they go on about.

German PCGamesHardware have a performance analysis of Shadow Of The Tombraider ready !
It shows the RTX 2080Ti at 1080p with real-time ray tracing and a FRAPS overlay, and it reveals that the new GPU peaks around 30-70fps depending on scene, and the average being around 40fps.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Grafi...ormance-in-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1263244/

And people are dropping £1200 on 40FPS at 1080p??

tenor.gif

No other.

Sorry to the 30 odd people who voted for 'No - Waiting for prices to normalise' as prices won't 'normalise' any time soon, the prices you see are the now the normal prices and will be until the next round of video cards come out which will be even more expensive. If you don't like it the situation you go and blame the dumb fanboys out there who spam on forums like these talking down the competition and defending Nvidia at every turn. They now have what they have always wanted a market dominated by one company who can charge what they like and will most likely still be able to sell all these video cards at these all time high prices.

Just to give you just how unbalanced the market is. Back in 2003 a mid range video card like a Radeon 9600 Pro or Geforce 5600 Ultra would have cost about £150. Today/Tomorrow the video card with a mid range chip aka the GTX 2080 is now sold as high end and will now set up back £750.

Edit:
Sorry if that all doom and gloom, the only light at the end of the tunnel is with gaming cards getting so expensive it may just encourage AMD to put focus on designing a GPU that's all about gaming rather then some half baked gaming/HPC half breed in the form of Vega. That will take time but Intel may surprise us all and if AMD gets back into the game prices will change again. Hopefully by then fanboys will have learned a lesson.

If you don't like it the situation you go and blame the dumb fanboys out there who spam on forums like these talking down the competition and defending Nvidia at every turn.

It is the vast majority of consumers who simply open their wallets that cause the problem.

German PCGamesHardware have a performance analysis of Shadow Of The Tombraider ready !
It shows the RTX 2080Ti at 1080p with real-time ray tracing and a FRAPS overlay, and it reveals that the new GPU peaks around 30-70fps depending on scene, and the average being around 40fps.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Grafi...ormance-in-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1263244/

If true LOL, not a bit of wonder they didn't show any real numbers. Seems their rtx effects just murders performance, which to be fair was expected.

Back
Top Bottom