• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They really HAVE to be faster. They just have to be. By what amount we do not know, but it will be an absolute PR disaster for Nvidia if benchmarks show the 1080Ti convincingly beats a vanilla 2080 in non-RTX games. I just don't see that happening personally, Nvidia would know all the ray tracing smoke & mirrors won't help them very much in that situation and they'd get ripped to shreds by press and consumers alike. The backlash would be unprecedented.

I don't expect a 2080 to completely destroy a 1080Ti, but it has to be an improvement, and there is no reason to think it won't be. It doesn't really need to be either... a solid 10% average will give Nvidia cover in light of all the RTX improvements (although I'd hope for more). It's only if it fails completely in non-RTX content vs a 1080Ti would they be in trouble, but as I say, I just don't see they'd do that to themselves.

I acutally think a more likely problem is the FPS hit that enabling RTX content in games might incur... especially early on until devs optimise properly and drivers mature.

Last edited:
not a chance in hell, my 1080 still does everything I need it to and more so why get ripped off for such a small upgrade which in real terms for "me" will not make one bit of difference. Price is crazy ass stupid and I'm for one tired of being ripped off.

There no way the 2080ti is going only give the same performance as the 1080ti

But how much faster is the question we are all waiting to be answered

The 2080Ti is up to 6x faster in ray tracing alone. Given the number of cores and clocks, it''l be between 20-35% faster than a 1080Ti at stock I would imagine.

No - Other (Please state)

The 980ti in my Nvidia gaming rig and the Vegas in my AMD Workstation are both providing great FPS/visuals in the games I play, when that changes I will evaluate a replacement but with these prices I'm done upgrading just to have the latest and greatest.

The 2080Ti is up to 6x faster in ray tracing alone. .
I was just reading about that

It makes sense, considering the new Turing architecture used in Nvidia’s new GPUs is designed to address the processing issue. Dedicated ray-tracing cores work in conjunction with Tensor Cores — they use AI to infer the “real-time” part — to produce simulations six times faster than the previous Pascal platform (GTX 1080Ti, etc.).
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/8/20/17698314/nvidia-volta-gpu-ray-tracing-graphics

Believe me I was about as anti console as you could possibly have been. Then my second rig (10 core BE Xeon nothing special) had a GPU failure during the mining. Do you know, I spent a solid week trying to replace the GPU to no avail. I was offered a GTX 680, for £130. In the end I broke down my third rig and took the Fury X out of that. That PC is at my mother's, where I game there when I stay there.

But yeah, the 1X is an incredibly impressive box. I really can't believe how nice the graphics are and how the interface is bloody great. I can easily switch from gaming to looking on Youtube for tips, then switch back seamlessly. Oh, and I love how the game is sitting there waiting where I left it. So loading times have been massively decreased.

But aye, the contempt AMD and Nvidia showed gamers with their lip service comments such as "We love PC gamers we really do honestly" just boiled up my pee. And it's still very much on a rolling boil and will possibly never be fixed now that I can clearly see Nvidia are going to charge me for their mess up making too many GPUs too late.

Sod those apples. Miners come along, make all the cash, then Nvidia want the gamers to bail them out after giving them the cold shoulder for over a year.

Yeah, nah. Just, nah.

Good post man, loving the X1X as well. This launch has made me see sense. For the first time in whole time I have been gaming on PC (I am very old, but still game lol) I do not want to buy the high end cards. Nvidia killed the fun, excitement and with their pricing madness / greed.

looking forward to Red Dead Redemption on the X. And Last of Us 2 on PS4 Pro should be amazing.

No - Other (Please state)

These things cost more than my car!
I know people that earn over £100k after tax and even they refuse to spend stupid money on cards like this. At my level they're so ridiculously expensive, you might as well ask me which conglomerate I fancy buying out this week....!!

For me, this stuff has gone the same way that Smartphones did when iPhones started costing a grand. I no longer care.

Na a 'nutter' would have bought one of these at launch.

In a years time they (Might) be affordable (;

It doesn’t matter when you buy really as there’s little chance the prices are going to drop significantly, anything like the last series and they may actually go the other way.

Soon as you see people commenting on ray tracing being awesome you’ll be all over one just to have a go :D

And people are dropping £1200 on 40FPS at 1080p??

tenor.gif

But you get Gsync!

It doesn’t matter when you buy really as there’s little chance the prices are going to drop significantly, anything like the last series and they may actually go the other way.

Soon as you see people commenting on ray tracing being awesome you’ll be all over one just to have a go :D

Haha, na they priced me off the market this time around. £1200 really is crazy money. I got buyers remorse spending £700 on a 1080Ti and passed it on.

I imagine if I spent £1200 on a single GPU I would feel like the biggest loser alive and want to end my life xD

Just not for me at this price.

Back
Top Bottom