• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love how some people say that the ones moaning about price are expecting to get the cards for silly prices i.e. £20 or less..... :D :o More like people just aren't wanting to let nvidia/retailers go in dry. There's a difference ;)

It was the RayTracing that made my mind up. I remember demo's way back on the AMiga showing something truly groundbreaking and now 20 years on, I can see it actually happening. First iteration for sure and I expect some teething issues but once devs and engines and newer hardware gets in full flow, I fully expect this to be the big thing in gaming.

Hardware unboxed is saying what I think - there won't be a huge jump in performance really.

To me, there is no competition so Nvidia charge what they want - also its clear to me this and recent apple prices for example is the very first inklings of the 'beginning of the end' of capitalism, fancy things will forever become more expensive gradually over several years until stuff like this is only for the super rich then the system will collapse, expect in 10-15 years new top end cards to be £10000 - wages will rise only 2-4%

As Jimmysnake above said, in only 3 years the top end 'Ti' models have more than doubled in price - in 3 years - what ? Have your wages doubled as well ? No I didn't think so.

I love how some people say that the ones moaning about price are expecting to get the cards for silly prices i.e. £20 or less..... :D :o More like people just aren't wanting to let nvidia/retailers go in dry. There's a difference ;)

Be happy enough paying £500-600 for the top of the line card like we used to... don't like gimped cards for mega bucks...

Be happy enough paying £500-600 for the top of the line card like we used to... don't like gimped cards for mega bucks...
£500-£600 is reasonable for a true top-of-the-line card. Ie, no gaming card this gen will be faster.

£250 is knocking on the door of unreasonable for the 3rd tier card if a lot slower.

And products that retail for £150-£200 shouldn't be absolute garbage. That's still a fair chunk o'cash.

No idea if it's been commented upon...but haven't some of the 2080 Tis gone up in price on OCUK even since yesterday? I swear both the MSI cards were a good chunk less :confused:

Another thing that could be really pushing the price of GPU's up

Is years ago you needed to upgrade almost every year where now days a top end card could last you 3 or 4 years before needing to be upgraded

Not sure why the prices vary so much seeing as all the cards are pretty much identical apart from different clip on fan solutions. PCB is the same as is Heatsink.

£500-£600 is reasonable for a true top-of-the-line card. Ie, no gaming card this gen will be faster.

£250 is knocking on the door of unreasonable for the 3rd tier card if a lot slower.

And products that retail for £150-£200 shouldn't be absolute garbage. That's still a fair chunk o'cash.

I don't often agree with you but yeah I think you have that spot on. I'd say that's what the PC needs to stay healthy and keep growing the market.

No idea if it's been commented upon...but haven't some of the 2080 Tis gone up in price on OCUK even since yesterday? I swear both the MSI cards were a good chunk less :confused:

yeah, i posted about this, the MSI trio was £1160 yesterday, today it's £1270

I posted on customer support thread and got a none answer why

it's still £1160 with all other competitors...

yeah, i posted about this, the MSI trio was £1160 yesterday, today it's £1270

I posted on customer support thread and got a none answer why

it's still £1160 with all other competitors...

I was wondering for a second if all the Giga Rays had gotten to me, and I'd imagined it. Quite a hike less than 24 hours in :eek:

I was wondering for a second if all the Giga Rays had gotten to me, and I'd imagined it. Quite a hike less than 24 hours in :eek:
Supply & demand. Obviously lots of orders coming in and expected availability being low :D. Buy now folks before they're £2k a pop.
(/Silly speculation).

a

100% agree, once when newer cards came out the old one would drop in the price and the new one replace it. Now it seems they just make the new one more expensive with little movement on the old ones price.

i will be using my vega 64 until it dies and then im out. this isnt going to get better, things will jsut get higher priced. AMDs next cards might be cheaper but they wont be even the same price as vega was they will 10-20% cheaper than their nvidia equivalent...

Back
Top Bottom