• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This thread will make Nvidia *very* happy - 10.3% uptake of their flagship card is probably much higher than they expected and certainly a great deal higher than the uptake of the 1080Ti based on Steam stats.

Marketing rubbish mate

Have a look here the performance at 1080p

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Grafi...ormance-in-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1263244/

bloody unacceptable even as gimmick. 28-30fps at 1080p? Seriously?
That does not mean its marketing rubbish. All it shows is a single game that had RT bolted on last minuet doesn't work very well. It doesn't mean all other games cannot bolt on a better use of RT or even be designed for RT from the start. You shouldn't base how good or bad RT is at a feature based on 1 limited example.

This thread will make Nvidia *very* happy - 10.3% uptake of their flagship card is probably much higher than they expected and certainly a great deal higher than the uptake of the 1080Ti based on Steam stats.

Well that is good it shows Nvidia what the consumer thinks.

I assume and apparently, from what i read this could be one of the biggest disappointment ever, you know 30fps at 1080p so to speak but i will be waiting for benchmarks.

I don't care about ray tracing at the moment, i just want to get the utmost from the gpu card to play most games on max setting.

For me have considered i would be tempted to get the 2080 non ti if i can get it for 600 quid but will have to wait, also wait for benchmarks to see what the gpu cards are like.

Well that is good it shows Nvidia what the consumer thinks.

I assume and apparently, from what i read this could be one of the biggest disappointment ever, you know 30fps at 1080p so to speak but i will be waiting for benchmarks.
I wasn't being sarcastic - Nvidia will be very pleased with this result a 10% take-up of a flagship card is an excellent result - 1080Ti isn't anywhere near that level. As for the 30fps crap - first it wasn't 30fps, second it has been made very clear already from several of the people who were there for that demo, that this was a very early RTX build of Tomb Raider with non-optimised drivers, I expect performance will be much higher at launch - probably 120+ fps at 1080p and 50+ fps at 4k for the Ti (pre-overclocking).

Ray tracing is a gimmick right now - sure in 5 years it will be nicer, but its just to force upgrade people and spend money, as I said previously, to go mental over it now and say its super important is just kidding yourself because you want the new shiny thing.

What? You can't compare this forum to Steams stats LOL.

So we get a bump in speed and new technology added on.

Essentially it's early adopter territory of new tech. Do you want it or not?

I bought a Vive day one and never regretted jt. The fun experience and family and friends get together a were well worth the £800.

This this. Not at all. Why bother?

As said above, wait for another gen or two and then hop on board once games have it all with out the bugs, are optimised and the graphics card are twice as powerful and half the price.

Again this price is early adopter new tech pricing.

I've just arrived at this thread and my vote would have been no, adding to that large percentage of people saying No, but I can't now as voting is closed.

Holy **** that price. This thing better make me tea in the morning....

For perspective I paid £499 for a 980ti 3 years ago. I thought the 1080 pricey but these are silly money.

Intel and AMD really need to up their game and miners need to leave the GPU market to sort the crazy pricing out.

If you didn't get it already, the answer is no.

Merged a few threads in to this one, so apologies to anyone that voted in the other threads.

Holy **** that price. This thing better make me tea in the morning....

For perspective I paid £499 for a 980ti 3 years ago. I thought the 1080 pricey but these are silly money.

Intel and AMD really need to up their game and miners need to leave the GPU market to sort the crazy pricing out.

If you didn't get it already, the answer is no.

It will probably boil water pretty well looking at the size of the die.

Merged a few threads in to this one, so apologies to anyone that voted in the other threads.

Since you merged threads into this one, can we have the voting system thingy going again since we cannot vote well i have but new people who visit who have not voted which they can't as the voting system is disabled.

it does not let me vote, but no way am i paying almost £1200 for a card.

you got to be kidding me, nvidia can take a jump.

This should have been only £850 max even that is high. Will wait for 7nm amd cards and keep the 1080TI till them, i only bought this 2 months ago so will wait a while yet.

just wait, if enough people dont buy then we are gong to see lots of Free Hard drives with these 2080TI, still no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom