• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aww but if you just downgrade your monitor to 1024*768 you'd easily get 100fps with new fangled ray tracing.

All those 720p benchmarks since Ryzen came out, were preparing the consumers for the Nvidia RTX cards...
So we know that you can get a 8700K over a Ryzen to pair it with a RTX2080Ti at 720p for best performance with ray tracing

People buying cards at these prices are why cards ARE these prices. People waiting for the next gen (7nm?) could well be paying a couple of grand. A line has definitely been crossed here.
The only way for sanity to return is for this range to flop badly.

The Smart person will at least wait for Benchies...

All those 720p benchmarks since Ryzen came out, were preparing the consumers for the Nvidia RTX cards...
So we know that you can get a 8700K over a Ryzen to pair it with a RTX2080Ti at 720p for best performance with ray tracing
Well I'm confident my processor was a smart choice given a couple years. I'll be rocking 720p in no time.

Today I've just spent £1630 on a serious Home Cinema Upgrade...so no ray tracing at 30fps for me...:D

Some punchy decent Dolby Atmos instead and Sublime Music Quality.

I'm definitely waiting next gen...I have a funny feeling about 2080.... something ain't right about this release

Heh.

Exploiting the monopoly on "best top end cards".

Some will pay anything to have it and there's no competition so "lets see what we can make them pay" is the theme for this release.

Not interested here.

Used to enjoy new technology releases, but not any more.

Ever since the 10 series launch prices (granted that was mainly due to the £/$ plummet) and subsequent price rises due to mining I gradually lost interest in PC gaming. Switched over to predominantly consoles for most of my gaming. I only keep my PC for exclusive games, mainly from indie developers and to play strategy type games. Thankfully they don't really need high powered GPU's.

Now I can just watch from the sidelines and see the slow demise of affordable new tech for the masses. Can't wait to see the prices for the "mainstream" 2060/2050 series, if it follows the same trend as the *70/*80/*80ti then we'll be looking at $349/£350 2060's and $249/£250 2050's or they'll go one worse and only allow the RTX for the 70 and above and cut it from the tiers below.

I think we need a post from OcUK saying how many unit's they've sold so far, will be funny, bet half the people running round with their "30fps posts" have their order in. Name and shame comeon it'll be fun!!

No idea if it's been commented upon...but haven't some of the 2080 Tis gone up in price on OCUK even since yesterday? I swear both the MSI cards were a good chunk less :confused:

yeah, i posted about this, the MSI trio was £1160 yesterday, today it's £1270

I posted on customer support thread and got a none answer why

it's still £1160 with all other competitors...

Sure that was £1300 yesterday :confused:

Supply & demand. Obviously lots of orders coming in and expected availability being low :D. Buy now folks before they're £2k a pop.
(/Silly speculation).

Lest we forget the OCUK fiasco with the 8700k release. Sorry we sold all 30 but we’ve opened a load of boxes and speed binned the best ones for you to buy for an extra 40%.

If you order one at the new and improved higher price point do you queue jump?

These prices really make me question the future of PC gaming. It's just going to kill the platform for a lot of consumers.

Next gen consoles are inevitably going to dictate AAA games. Question becomes, do you stick with a platform with ever increasing hardware prices with no end in sight or does one buy all 3 platforms for the price of one high end GPU, get access to every console exclusive, 3rd party titles, plus access to tech like HDR, VRR, Freesync.

Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo must have been rubbing their hands when Nvidia announced these prices yesterday.

It's just diminished returns with PC gaming these days and isn't worth the hassle or expense for a lot of people.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread if it’s still there after the thread merges but since having all 3 and selling my desktop I’ve not looked back. I bought a Rog Zephyrus with a 1070 max q and that nails all the rts games I play. God of War and Horizon on a 65 inch 4K tv are stunning. I’m more surprised at just how good the switch is though, it was a birthday present from the better half and it’s one of the best presents I’ve ever had especially with flying quite a bit.

Today I've just spent £1630 on a serious Home Cinema Upgrade...so no ray tracing at 30fps for me...:D

Some punchy decent Dolby Atmos instead and Sublime Music Quality.

I'm definitely waiting next gen...I have a funny feeling about 2080.... something ain't right about this release

You managed to find an Oppo UDP205 ??? Hardly seeing them on Ebay they're so sought after.

Back
Top Bottom