• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got the pascal Titan for 1100 quid. 2 years on playing at 1440p wtf would I pay another 1100 quid for new lighting tech that might run in say 5 games I will buy? Aaa games have been thin on the ground this year. For me apart from total war warhammer and wow and assassins creed origins I ain’t bought any games on this pc this year.

If the new ti had been 30% increase in gaming in the total war series I might of bought one since I play 10000 of hours in those games. But if almost all the extra power is in ray traceing it’s a no go for me.

Easily a no from me. My 980Ti still going strong, to be honest I dont game much these days but the prices of the 10 series and now this series are just crazy. Bought the 980Ti on 23 July 2015, now thats what I call value for money. And really order before benchmarks get a grip Nvidia, just no no no!

Inno3D GeForce GTX 980Ti X4 Air Boss Ultra 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (C98T4-1SDN-N5HNX)
GX-056-IN
£539.99
£539.99

I got the pascal Titan for 1100 quid. 2 years on playing at 1440p wtf would I pay another 1100 quid for new lighting tech that might run in say 5 games I will buy? Aaa games have been thin on the ground this year. For me apart from total war warhammer and wow and assassins creed origins I ain’t bought any games on this pc this year.

If the new ti had been 30% increase in gaming in the total war series I might of bought one since I play 10000 of hours in those games. But if almost all the extra power is in ray traceing it’s a no go for me.

Got a Titan X Pascal too, paid €1250 back in Aug 2016, water-cooled it and overclocked it and I get great frame-rates @1440p. I don't care about any of the announced titles supporting RT that much to fork out for a 2080Ti and even if that card offered a 100% increase in fps on non-RT games, what good is it to me unless I also fork out £2300 for a 4K 144Hz capable screen? Which I absolutely will not do...

RT looks like it will cost too much of a performance penalty (early indications from other articles) and the absurd cost of 4K 144Hz monitors makes me not want to buy a 2080Ti - which is weird for me as I have always bought a top tier card whenever a new generation came out. Oh well...

I mentioned this earlier in the thread if it’s still there after the thread merges but since having all 3 and selling my desktop I’ve not looked back. I bought a Rog Zephyrus with a 1070 max q and that nails all the rts games I play. God of War and Horizon on a 65 inch 4K tv are stunning. I’m more surprised at just how good the switch is though, it was a birthday present from the better half and it’s one of the best presents I’ve ever had especially with flying quite a bit.

It's just souped up console ports the PC gets anyway with regards to AAA.

Last edited:
...It's just souped up console ports the PC gets anyway with regards to AAA.

Very true and with AMD GPUs in all of those consoles, it really does mean that only a few games, specifically written first and foremostly for the PC will even adopt any of Nvidia's propitiatory 2080 tech.

Not interested.

They are taking the mickey. I swallowed the cost of buying a 1080ti but a graphics card that costs over 1k? I dont think so.

Bring back 3DFX! I remember buying a Voodoo2 for £200. lol

I think Nvidia has just priced themselves out of the gaming market. No one is going to bothering developing games with the 2080 in mind.

Yea...not interested at all.

Last edited:
Ouch!! RTX Tomb Raider 30/40 FPS Off screen recording

http://vcdn.computec.de/ct/2018/8/78961_sd.mp4

Edit
Sorry if already posted.

Edit 2

WOW!
21.08.2018 at 11:02 by Willi Tiefel - We tried Shadow of the Tomb Raider with Raytracing on a Geforce RTX 2080 Ti and show in the video the pictures per second at Full HD and probably in the highest detail level. Important: This is by no means a final version of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the developers have already confirmed that the game will be released without raytracing features. The raytraced shadows will be submitted by patch after release.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Grafi...ormance-in-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1263244/

Back
Top Bottom