• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Keep up, and it was actually 4k :p

21.08.2018 at 11:02 by Willi Tiefel - We tried Shadow of the Tomb Raider with Raytracing on a Geforce RTX 2080 Ti and show in the video the pictures per second at Full HD and probably in the highest detail level. Important: This is by no means a final version of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the developers have already confirmed that the game will be released without raytracing features. The raytraced shadows will be submitted by patch after release.

a lot are interested though we sold a lot of cards already...

Miners I bet.

Steam survey still shows less than 4% of people are using 1080 cards. Most people are running 1060 and 1050s. It's not gamers buying them.

Keep up, and it was actually 4k :p

I did ask on another thread if that game-play video might have been running @4K as it looked light one of those uber expensive new 4K 144Hz monitors from the size of the bezel but someone chimed in with a link, adamant that it was only a 1080p screen from ACER...
Still disappointing performance @4K but not as horrendous as if it was only running at 1080p

a lot are interested though we sold a lot of cards already...

Tbf I didn't realise initially how massive the die of the Ti is, it's HUGE! Just off the $6000 Quadro 6000, which from a price perspective isn't that bad. Just got to hope they bring the performance now when we get benchies...

And they've moved the Ti to the old Titan price-bracket, which if it can justify it is fair enough (they must have seen strong Titan demand at that pricing).

Depends if RT/tensor cores can be utilised for any extra performance

Well not much else is going to be using them :D

It will end up like phyx or 3d vision. Pretty in a handful of games which Nvidia had to pay people to implement.

I can afford it (like any peasant would say ;)), just can't justify it lol
I had SLI Titan X Pascal for about 6 months and when I saw that the utilization numbers for the second GPU were almost zero or thereabouts most of the time, it struck me that most of the games I was playing didn't support SLI and that it was a horrible waste of money. I sold off my second card and never looked back. Now I have this big empty Caselabs M8 :p

Back
Top Bottom