• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope, high end PC gaming is becoming the preserve of the rich man. Sony and MS must have ****** themselves with laughter when they saw those prices. More console converts.

It’s become quite diabolical. A lot of people’s budget for their entire rig is the price of a 2080Ti.

I was and still am chuffed that I bought one of these. I guess those that want one but can't afford it need to justify themselves somehow :D

I wait with bated breath for those that come in and say "I could buy 10 if I want but **** nvidia" :D :D
So you think the only reason people haven't pre ordered these cards is because they can't afford them? I mean that is real delusion.

All it means is that people are savier than you give them credit for.

I'm glad you are chuffed you have bought one. That's all that matters. Even though you have no idea what you have bought yet... Whatever floats your boat.

The hardcore fanboys are beyond help. Has been the case for several years now.

It’s a bit like your dad up dancing at a wedding thinking he’s cool but actually making a complete fool of himself.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,193.93 (includes shipping: £0.00)

You can get all this, for LESS THAN the price of 1 x 2080Ti lol

High end screen
Great GPU
Comfy seat to game on

or 1 2080Ti that'll be EOL in less than 12 months.

Thanks for ranting the monitor as well as other items here because that is indeed a good monitor and i am looking for a 27inch at 1440p but this is freesync not g sync which is what i want.

Not interested because I'm offended by these prices, they are extremely cheap for a Prince like myself and I don't do cheap.

Also, RIP PC gaming.

I have just seen on Hexus that someone has seen the 2070 for pre-order with prices starting at £569!! That's a massive leap in price from the 1070 (I paid £385 for mine and it wasn't the cheapest) and is just outrageous.

I

No need to get personal. Yes I have seen the size of the chip. And breakdowns of how it is supposedly composed. Have you heard of tensor cores? Do you know they are in this die for the first time? Do you know they take up a significant portion of the die? Do you know that that means the die is bigger due to this? And nvidia can make the die any size they damn well please. Just to convince people they are getting the full chip at launch. Hell. Half of it could be empty silicone if they wanted.

I'm willing to bet a real Ti, or 7nm cards will be along sooner rather than later. If I was CEO it's what I would have done. In the face of no competition.

You really do have quite the lofty attitude on these forums. All because you are willing to throw cash at anything that is put in front of you. Regardless of what it is or how it performs. Throwing good money after bad doesn't make you a tech expert or more entitled than anyone else.
You think that was personal? Seriously??? Let me break it down, as you seem to keep repeating this statement about "the real Ti will be coming soon". There is 4352 cores on the 2080Ti as opposed to 3584 on the previous gen Ti (the 1080Ti). The only thing we don't know is how many tensor cores are on the 2080/Ti but looking at the Titan V, it has 640. Now all of this takes up die size and whilst you can make a chip as big as you like, cooling it is the tougher part (hence why I feel they have gone double fan cooling on the FE this time). I fully expect to see a Titan VI at some point using Turing but I certainly don't expect to see another Ti.

That's how I see it but I am open for your reasoning for as to why you keep repeating the same thing time and again.

I was and still am chuffed that I bought one of these. I guess those that want one but can't afford it need to justify themselves somehow :D

I wait with bated breath for those that come in and say "I could buy 10 if I want but **** nvidia" :D :D

Come on Greg, you can do better then that. Your on a forum of tech enthusiasts and for once i haven't seen much tech jealousy that i usually see in the Titan owner threads. People have genuine concerns about this release and i'm one of them.

Just like you i love having the best tech, but even so its still an informed choice. (having or showing knowledge of a subject or situation).

The problem with this release is we know nothing about it , nothing about how it performs, how locked down overclocking will be , does it have value ? will it have any longevity ?

Nvidia has NO competition right now, the only things driving gpu performance seem to be higher refresh rates and resolutions rather than actual game engine technology, Nvidia can release what they want and its going to sell no doubt about that, and thats the worrying thing.

Come on Greg, you can do better then that. Your on a forum of tech enthusiasts and for once i haven't seen much tech jealousy that i usually see in the Titan owner threads. People have genuine concerns about this release and i'm one of them.

Just like you i love having the best tech, but even so its still an informed choice. (having or showing knowledge of a subject or situation).

The problem with this release is we know nothing about it , nothing about how it performs, how locked down overclocking will be , does it have value ? will it have any longevity ?

Nvidia has NO competition right now, the only things driving gpu performance seem to be higher refresh rates and resolutions rather than actual game engine technology, Nvidia can release what they want and its going to sell no doubt about that, and thats the worrying thing.
Mate, have you read these 2080 threads? Go and read and then come back. And I genuinely see the reasoning of some people but there is like 12 people here repeating the same old drivel in thread after thread and I am quite happy to take some stick and I see your reasoning for concern as valid, at the same time, should I cut my nose off to spite my face? I work hard and feel I can justify the purchase to myself and that is all that matters in the end.

And as for my "Can't afford it" comment, it was tounge in cheek (hence the :D at the end) and just having some banter back.

Well if Ray tracing is anything to go for then it looks like the software is way ahead of the hardware now.
Not really, it's more of a nice to have rather than fundamentally required atm IMO.
Part of me think NV might be a bit wrong with the pricing and I must admit I am a bit sceptical over the 1080 Ti name, I think it might be a bit of marketing to try to grab the Ti money early. Having said that, they're doing something a little different this time (gaming specific architecture). I think better cards will come later but the current ones are pretty decent. Probably a bit of early adoption going on with the RT stuff. Next gen cards will probably be much better at it.
Difficult this round whether just to wait it out. I was intending to upgrade but I'm thinking with the games I'm likely to play the rest of the year my current GPU will suffice. Heck, I'm even thinking about going back and finishing the STALKER series :). If I kept the TXP I had I definitely think I wouldn't bother at this stage.
Whatever I buy next I'm intending to keep for a good few years.

Last edited:
Thanks for ranting the monitor as well as other items here because that is indeed a good monitor and i am looking for a 27inch at 1440p but this is freesync not g sync which is what i want.

The point I was making was you could buy a top monitor AND a great GPU to run it on AND a chair to sit and play in....for less than one 2080Ti card.

Gsync monitors will add an extra £200 to the cost of your purchase due to the Gsync adapter needed, over the cost of a freesync monitor.

I am considering buying the gtx 2080 non ti version.

Yes it cost a lot but i want the best but as have people said we need benchmarks.

Will burn a hole in my wallet that's all.

Back
Top Bottom