Power Tools & General Tools Recommendations & Advice

Soldato
Battery circular saws just lack power so it all comes down to using a thin kerf, very sharp blade.

A circular saw should require almost no pressure so I think it is most likely the blade just isn't sharp enough. And when you do push them, the thin kerf blade ensures the cut wanders off true.
This, invest in the Freud Diablo circular saw blades designed for battery circular saws, they transformed my Milwaukee circular saw, it's now my most used tool, I hardly ever use my battery Mitre saw, it's awful, wish I hadn't got the battery one now, 18V just isn't powerful enough :o:p I am going to try the Freud blade designed for battery mitres too before I sell it...

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone use Powerstack batteries over the standard cell ones? Nearly twice the cost but meant to last 4x more charge cycles and be more powerful?

Not yet. I have enough batteries that I need at least two or three to fail before I buy another.

Batteries do make a difference, but really only in heavy-power applications. I have noticed that some tools are faster if you use 5AH instead of 2AH, so I would expect the performance of those tools to improve. Most of my heavy duty tools are mains so that only really leaves hedge trimmers and stuff like that, that might benefit.

They are more expensive at the moment but my guess is they will slowly replace the standard batteries and then the price will come down a little.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't Milwaukee do higher rated batteries for higher load tools?

This, invest in the Freud Diablo circular saw blades designed for battery circular saws, they transformed my Milwaukee circular saw, it's now my most used tool, I hardly ever use my battery Mitre saw, it's awful, wish I hadn't got the battery one now, 18V just isn't powerful enough :o:p I am going to try the Freud blade designed for battery mitres too before I sell it...
Top man thank you + @SpellowHouse

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve got a couple of the small 1.7ah Powerstack batteries.

I noted tools have a bit more go than they would otherwise have with the equivalent standard battery (2ah) but I’ve not used them a great deal yet.

I should probably try one in an angle grinder or something and see how it fares.

Soldato
I’ve got a couple of the small 1.7ah Powerstack batteries.

I noted tools have a bit more go than they would otherwise have with the equivalent standard battery (2ah) but I’ve not used them a great deal yet.

I should probably try one in an angle grinder or something and see how it fares.

Probably do well in a battery router! *thinks I might have to buy one to find out!*

Soldato
See this piece of crap - Hyundai split shaft multi-tool:

embed

I got so fed up with it - the hassle and stink of 2-stroke fuel, it taking an age to start as it was so particular about the ratio of fuel to oil, heavy, noisy and just generally unpleasant to use. The garden was starting to suffer as I just didn't want to use it.

I had enough! Got the Makita 2x18V DUX60 split shaft multi-tool plus the attachments I need.

embed

I'll agree the mahoosive Makita bag is ridiculous but it'll keep the attachments and stuff together :).

Back
Top Bottom