Project - Blueboy - Watercooled Lian Li v2000

that coolermaster thing looks exactly that: a coolermaster. That's the kind of brand name I'd expect for a freezer or something. Lo and behold, their products look like fridges.

Haha. Yeah, the Lian Li one looks a lot nicer. It's a shame, as the ATCS 840 is a lovely case, but that would not fit at all :p

Your build is looking very nice now JeffyB. I'm not personally a fan of fans with LEDs but it looks good on your case and build :)

I should be able to order the case bits this week, i'm waiting on some vented pci slot covers to come in stock. I think i've decided against any circular perforated mesh and going to get some hex stuff instead for the rad cutout, should be less restrictlive and comes pre coated :)
miniaturaphps.jpg

Of what? The PSU back plate has no meshing so if you have seen any pics of the back of my case (don't think I have posted any, its not the pretty side :p) then your seeing the meshing from the PSU itself.

If you mean the side panels then pics are below, get the light bleeding through from the enermax fans in the middle of the case as the rad is on stands:

IMG_8525.jpg

IMG_8523.jpg

Couple from the other side:

IMG_8544.jpg

IMG_8547.jpg

Believe its steel, extremely tough to cut. Had to give it to my old man to take to work and cut on his guillotine!

To be honest its been a while since I have run with the side panels on, just need to get some double sided tape on each side of the mesh to stop it rattling as its only held down by the rails at each end and with it being so long it can vibrate in the middle.

Hot melt glue guns are great at attaching mesh, probably how i'll do mine. Got a few bits arriving today, tripple front bay fan with hard drive caddy, some nice sata cables and a couple more fans to finish the case off. the just need to decide my mesh and do the psu plate.

Bits arrived, impressed with Lian Li build and finish as ever.
Single bay bezels
bezels1.jpg

Hard drive cage and bezel with fan
hddcage1.jpg

back
hddcage2.jpg

front removed to get to the stock fan
hddcage3.jpg

Fan removed
hddcage4.jpg

Blue fan fitted
hddcage5.jpg

Lian Li sata 4 way sata cable
sata1.jpg

Off to fit these :)

Heres the hard drive caddys, they are really simple and sit on rubber grommets to reduce noise and vibration. They also have holes pre drilled for ssd's so no need for any convertors.
hddcage6.jpg

Flip the hinged latch up
hddcage7.jpg

and fit hard drive, simples
hddcage8.jpg

Hard drive cabling
hddcage9.jpg

Didn't take too long to get it all back together
casei.jpg

I may alter the spacing of the bay fan yet, possibly a single bezel either side of the fan
case2u.jpg

Will be meshing the rad cutout soon, maybe this week. Going to use some circular perforated steel. Was going to use a honeycomb mesh but think it'll look out of place. Just not sure wether to use the exact same perforation size as is on the case or go with something a bit bigger and less restrictive.

Back
Top Bottom