Project - Blueboy - Watercooled Lian Li v2000

Soldato
Will be meshing the rad cutout soon, maybe this week. Going to use some circular perforated steel. Was going to use a honeycomb mesh but think it'll look out of place. Just not sure wether to use the exact same perforation size as is on the case or go with something a bit bigger and less restrictive.

I'd make them look identical personally.

I'd also remove the blu-ray drive from the case and connect it with a USB kit when needed, then you could get another of those fancy HDD mount things in there too. :p

Soldato
OP
I've ordered some perforated steel to match the rest of the case, 2 pieces 1 for the rad cutout and 1 for the psu plate should be here in the next day or so.

I use the blu ray drive a lot but i'm thinking of maybe moving the fan controller somewhere...

Soldato
Cracking thread. Great read, and very educational.

The final product looks great. I think that if I had gone to the trouble of building a setup like that, I would need to use it as an excuse to clock the crap out of the CPU and GPU :p but I appreciate that you're after silence and stability.

Anyway - great build.

Soldato
OP
Hi Jeff, I think I've got the same fan controller as you. Mine is directly beneath the bay reservoir, and the bluray will be going directly underneath that :)

I think it is the same controller, really is good. I'm only using 3 channels on mine with 3 splitters. Fans are separated into rad, case and roof fans :)

Soldato
OP
Cracking thread. Great read, and very educational.

The final product looks great. I think that if I had gone to the trouble of building a setup like that, I would need to use it as an excuse to clock the crap out of the CPU and GPU :p but I appreciate that you're after silence and stability.

Anyway - great build.

Thanks a lot, i wanted the thread to be helpful to people as well as documentary.

I know i'll get the time one day and crank it up, may even get some rediculously fast 140mm fans just for the occasions :D

Soldato
OP
Mesh arrived, was only ordered yesterday. Needs to be cleaned up as it's still a bit greasy, and will prime and spray it when i get a chance. 3mm holes at 5mm centers.
mesh2.jpg

Fits perfectly, will more than likely use a hot glue gun to fix this making it easy to remove should i want to.
mesh3y.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the feed back , i have not got much more to do. I'm making some blocks for the psu to sit on using the same extruded box section as i used to raise the rad then i can do the psu plate.

I did use some uv cathodes they are made by sharkoon, its quite subtle as the led's cancle out the uv effect a bit.

All the fans are yate loon uv blue, D12SL-124UB on the case and D14SL-124UB on the rad.

Soldato
OP
Well trying my hardest to finish the last few bits, not had a chance to do the psu plate yet but i have cut the mounts. I ordered these lian li vented pci-e bracket covers
pi01b.jpg

but i got sent a tooless card holder instead lol
pci01b.jpg

Should get what i ordered tomorrow :)

Associate
yeah very nice build and some of the little bits you have ordered made me go back to the drawing board on my little project... might post some pics of my own soon.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the kind words and i am glad my log has helped some people with ideas for their own builds. Been so busy lately that i have not had a chance to get in the workshop to finish the psu mount and backplate but willupdate when i have and get some finished pictures done :)

Soldato
this thread is full of win! i'm in a similar build, and just wondered on your GPU temps before you watercooled it? I'm thinking of adding mine to the cpu loop, but am wondering how much more heat it will add :) currently during gaming, the gpu reaches around 70, so it'd be nice to keep it a lot cooler! Mine's a 5850!

Back
Top Bottom