Project - Blueboy - Watercooled Lian Li v2000

Associate
ive got some of those brackets on a thermaltake case, they're a bit loose with the tooless installation thing on the case, but look great. I might just screw them in anyway, as the tooless clips are bright purple/sick green in an otherwise black/silver case for some crazy reason.

Another thing is they look a bit thin and flimsy, but didnt bend at all when a put some light pressure on them (not that they'll really have much pressure exerted on them anyway)

Soldato
OP
this thread is full of win! i'm in a similar build, and just wondered on your GPU temps before you watercooled it? I'm thinking of adding mine to the cpu loop, but am wondering how much more heat it will add :) currently during gaming, the gpu reaches around 70, so it'd be nice to keep it a lot cooler! Mine's a 5850!

I think my 5870 was about 65-70 under load with the stock cooler, it now rarely goes above 30-35 degrees when gaming depending on ambient (can do some load testing tonight as my old temps were from the summer). It's difficult to tell how much water temps went up by adding the gpu as i used a different block before i added the gpu so cannot properly compare the temperatures but i dont think its any more than 5 degrees under load. For me adding the gpu to the loop was the last piece to get my pc as quiet as possible as the small fans on graphics cards are often the whiniest fans in any case.

Soldato
OP
Heres a picture of temperatures after 1 hour of team fortress 2 the gpu never went above 26 degrees and the cpu peaked at 40 on core#2. Ambient was about 18/19 degrees, so pretty cool as i have been out all day but gives you an idea of whats possible with a decent setup :)

gamingloadtemps.jpg

Soldato
OP
An update!

Been running the loop for almost 4 months now been really pleased with it, decided to give it a good look over, tubes and water are all crystal clear :)

Had some decent dust on the rad and fans, nothing a light going over with a dust buster couldn't handle.
dust1.jpg

dust3.jpg

Got some vented brackets to finish the empty pci-e slots as well :)
vented.jpg

Soldato
OP
It's near silent, vario is on setting 2 and i run the fans at 600rpm so there's very little to make noise anyway. The Lian Li hard drive cage/fan silenced the already pretty quiet storage drives brilliantly, alluminium cases seem to amplify hard drive noise unless theres some rubber mounts. Overall it's exceeded my expectations of cooling and noise level, still got some loose ends to tie up just been too busy to finish it.

Associate
I have to say i love the build mate , to me the lian li V2000 is the rolls royce of pc cases . I'am toying around with the idea of a watercooled build and i have to say your temps are brilliant if i got within 10c of your temps i would be a very happy man .

Soldato
OP
Thanks and i'm glad you liked it. the V2000 is immense and such good quality, puts a lot of new cases to shame and it's donkeys years old. I have a very good clocking d0 920 that doesnt need much juice to hit 4ghz and the 5870 doesn't dump tons into the loop either so makes for a very cool and quiet pc. Coupled with the sr1-420 rad it's a formidable cooling setup capable of great temperatures at very low fan rpm :)

Soldato
OP
Well made a nice discovery. I inadvertently ran the loop passively and played my newly purchased supreme commander 2 (£2.50 steam bargain) for 3 hours before i noticed. I mush have turned the fans off when i cleaned them and forgot to turn them back up :eek:

Anyway all was well and even though the rad is not best orientated for passive cooling it still managed to keep the cpu at 66 degrees and the gpu at 57 during the game :D

Soldato
OP
Well all this talk of watercooling in the overclokcing and cooling section has made me want to finish the loose ends on this build.

Primed the rad mesh and psu mesh plate
img0371u.jpg

Nice coat of gloss black spray paint
img0372q.jpg

May give this another coat yet
img0373h.jpg

Soldato
OP
Gonna have to get a set of theese for my A70F, already bought the black pcie card holder bracket. Just need the pcie covers to help set it off.

Really are nice and as you say they do set it off well, part is "Lian Li Vented PCI Slot Cover 6 Pack Black : PI-01B"

very nice build, loving the blue, it's been a long long time since I have used blue and I do miss it lol, I may be tempted to do mine with a blue theme now:)

Thanks, blue has always been my favorite i am considering other colours for when i strip it down (water is crystal clear still so not sure when i'll do this), possibly green or red but i like the blue a lot :)

Soldato
OP
Contemplating some new fans, i may ditch the led's and go with some Gelid wings. They come in many sizes including 140mm so i can do the whole case with the same look and they are uv reactive as well. Anyone have any experience with the gelid wing fans? They seem of a high standard, and shift more air than my yates.
main600400.gif

img9824600400.gif

img9825600400.gif

Associate
I have four of them in my http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18252726&highlight=VOoDOo+Media Mod. I can tell you that they are pretty top notch, there are better fans out there but if you want the uv blue, and want your fans that color blue and not the deep blue like everyone else, then these are it. They are very quiet, and they move a lot of air. I am talking about the 120mm's but I think that the standard of quality is on par if not better for the 140's

Soldato
OP
The 120's are only used on the case and are only needed to keep minimal airflow over my hard drives and mobo. It's the 140's i'm really interested as they will be used on my sr1-420, i may still use the yates in pull on the other side of the rad. I'm not struggling with temps but i fancy a change and want some fans with a bit more flow than my d14sl's. They certainly look great in your pictures though.

Back
Top Bottom