Project - Blueboy - Watercooled Lian Li v2000

Soldato
OP
I think i'm moving away from led anyway, they seem to reduce the uv effect on my hose as well. The price is a bit high but i can get the 120's in a 4 pack for £35 and the 140's for £14 each.

Soldato
OP
Did a bit of a strip down to check the blocks and replace the water, gave me a chance to remove most of the 45 degree rotaries and clean the loop route a little and fit my 12gb ram. Flow has increased nicely since removing the rotaries too. May mod the res a bit to flatten the inlets on the base so my 3/4od compressions can sit properly on it without the need for rotaries or spacers.

insideless45.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Bit more of an update, decided to change my hose to some clear/uv blue and going to use some mayhems uv blue as well. May have a look at moving the res to the inside rear of the case where the single exhaust fan is now and got the extenders to remove the rotaries on the res.

Soldato
OP
Bits turned up :)

Spacers for the res, time to lose the last rotaries.
spacersb.jpg

Lund Plexi lighting module for the bottom of the res
lightingplug.jpg

Masterkleer clear/uv blue 1/2id 3/4od
hosemk.jpg

Mayhems uv blue
mhduv.jpg

Leak testing
litupl.jpg

Soldato
OP
The spacers were used before the compressions on the res as rev 1 ek multi res' cannot take 3/4od compressions as the flat area on the res is too small. They are pretty unrestricive (less than the 45 degree rotaries) but are smaller than 1/2id but not by much.

Soldato
OP
Here's a good pic that shows the spacers and the area that's too small to take a 3/4od compression.
spacerso.jpg

Inside, i think im going to get some high density led flexlights as the cathodes just don't provide enough uv.
insidemk.jpg

Soldato
OP
My led strip lights arrived, a lot smller than i expected and so much brighter uv light. If anyone is looking for good uv lighting get led's, you wont need many as they are so much brighter than ccfl with no inverters to hide, I'll certainly never buy another ccfl again.

These are Phobya LED Flexlight HighDensity UV, On the left a 120cm on the right a 60cm
96675476.jpg

This is when i realised how bright these lights are, bear in mind this is uv clear tubing and not blue. The effect is this bright even with daylight/room lights.
ledtest.jpg

ledinside1.jpg

ledinside2.jpg

ledinside4.jpg

ledinside3.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'd imagine you would, the liquid would glow and the tube stay all glassy. I have some mayhems uv clear blue in the loop and i cannot see much uv in the res. This maybe because it shows up more in "busy" water and i run a fairly low flow loop and have my res filled to the brim. I don't have any clear hose around just the uv clear masterkleer and the uv blue primochill otherwise i'd try to mock something up.

Soldato
OP
It's tricky to capture but the hose really does glow now, it's brighter than in the internal pictures and more like the picture of the hose on the floor. Now i'm lookin at the gelid wing uv blue fans again to finish the look off but they are pretty pricey.

img9824600400.gif

Back
Top Bottom