PS4 2TB Hard Drive upgrade: '2TB Seagate Spinpoint M9T' Thread.

Associate
Mine which I am getting Wednesday is STDR2000200 silver in colour, the one on OC UK is black ie 201 instead off 200 as mine is, dont know internally that there would be any difference's between them.

Kenneth.

Got it for 86 pounds btw.

Associate
I did the upgrade the other week and and put the 500GB hard drive from the PS4 back in and now use it on the Wii U for external storage with that. I thought I'd get it done before August, September and October with the amount of games I want for the PS4 as I didn't want to spend ages downloading everything again.

Associate
Has anyone managed to get this drive working in an original 60GB phat PS3 ?

I fitted it to mine but after you turn it on and it asks you if you want to format the drive, it just says drive type unsupported :confused:

Associate
Has anyone managed to get this drive working in an original 60GB phat PS3 ?

I fitted it to mine but after you turn it on and it asks you if you want to format the drive, it just says drive type unsupported :confused:

A Person on a big jungle site bought 2 one for ps4 also ps3, ps4 great although ps3 failed to get it to work.

Kenneth.

Soldato
OP
My 2TB Still going well, nearly 400GB of data on the PS4 now. Think it's great to have all this extra space at the ready, Really wouldn't have to re-install and re-download all this data again once went over the original HDD 500GB size :p

Seen these drives on offer again, well worth grabbing one for the PS4 imho.

Associate
I've given up trying to get the 2tb drive to work in my PS3 phat 60gb, not sure why people on ebay etc... say it is suitable for both PS3 and PS4 ?

for the time being I have fitted a 1tb drive, model ST1000LM024, seems to be working fine :)

Associate
I have a question which probably has been answered. Because the ps4 doesn't support external HDDs when you change the drive do you have to re download everything? If thats the case i suppose i will have to buy the HDD with the ps4 from the start. My broadband is from the stoneage 1.5Mbps will give me no games and a huge electricity bill..

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have a question which probably has been answered. Because the ps4 doesn't support external HDDs when you change the drive do you have to re download everything? If thats the case i suppose i will have to buy the HDD with the ps4 from the start. My broadband is from the stoneage 1.5Mbps will give me no games and a huge electricity bill..

Yes, you even need to download the firmware using a pc to a USB stick and then use that to install to the hard drive.

As for electricity bill it would be pennies, after installing the firmware, connect it to your broadband, go to the store and set everything to download, install all your disc based games then stick it in standby mode for 24 hours.

Standby doesn't use much electricity and it downloads all the games in the background

Associate
Still the games are huge though. Will take weeks for one game to download. I did this with the PS3 (put 1 TB) a year ago and had already backed up everything on an external drive so no fuss to download extra stuff. I just need to move houses and go somewhere where there is better broadband. They just started providing support for fibre but i find the prices horrible. I don't want fibre just a normal 10Mbps speed would be fine for me. Oh well.

Haha thank you for the reply though.

Soldato
I've run out of space on the PS4 so really need to get the drive changed before all the new games are released.

Before I mess up and get the wrong drive can someone confirm or link the best dive at the moment ?

Back
Top Bottom