***Quest Pro Owners Club***

I've taken the dead-eye headstrap off my Pro, as I wanted to take it into work and couldn't get it in the box with the strap fitted! In the mean time I've been using it without and I felt the strap didn't actually help much, and just made the headset feel less secure. it did help a bit with the forehead pressure but didn't feel that secure.

Also when I checked the front pad I found I'd damaged the clips trying to fit the headstrap (as it makes it harder to get the pad back on due to its bracket going behind the pad), so I'm reluctant to put it back on anyway - at least not without a pad replacement.

I remembered I had a side-to-side comfort strap on my Quest 1 so I've tried that and it really does seem to make a difference. A lot of the forehead pressure is gone, and I can wear the headset without having to to tighten it right up. I'll have to give it a longer test though to be sure. The main advantage here though is the strap shouldn't prevent me sticking it in a case.

I can see with the Pro I'll be spending quite a it on comfort mods like I did with the Quest 1, which was a nightmare to find a comfort solution that worked! I might give the VR Panda front pad and top strap a try - someone's even combined with with the dead-eye strap and says its better.

I bought the Kujeckt Design USB link cable. so see if I can extend the playing time while linked, and it does work pretty well. It won't stop the drain but it massively reduces it. I had to plug it into one of my rear USB3 ports as the front ports don't seem to work well with it as there was some stuttering.
The actual cable is about as thick as my Index cable and not as thin or flexible as the official link cable. It's too thick to be clipped into the Pro's supplied link cable clip which is annoying. I think the offical cable is great for shorter play sessions so I'll probably use that, but the other cable is better if I need some extended playtime (got to make sure the pro is comfortable enough first for that!)

I also bought the AMR 8000mah neck battery - despite some negative comments from some users on here who hadn't used it! :p
It feels pretty cumbersome when you handle it but once on your neck it's really comfortable. It slows down the Pro's discharge rate massively, and doesn't add any weight to your head. As someone with neck problems this is a huge plus.

Last edited:
It's the future! Funnily enough, Apples VR headset is rumoured to have an LCD screen on the front showing an image of the users face.

Last edited:
Just got a hard case for the Pro which seems much better than the alternatives, and which has compartments for the charging dock and the charger.

It's called an Aenllosi Hard Carrying Case for Meta Quest Pro and cost £34, and is available online.

It comes with a shoulder strap as well as a carrying handle and feels pretty good quality, with the interior being a soft fuzzy material. It has velcro straps to secure the controllers, power plug and the charging dock.

Hey guys I’ve just received my quest pro which I got brand new for £875, I was a bit worried that it might have been a scam but it arrived and is all legit. Coming from the quest 2 it’s a big improvement for pc vr hopefully some third party accessories will come out soon as the comfort is not so great but other than that I am very happy with it.

Nice price! I found a side-to-side top strap worked best for comfort for me. It's still tricky to find the balance between getting it secure so it doesn't wobble and getting it comfortable though.

I'm playing Alyx through again on hard because it just looks so ******* awesome on the Pro but am running into an issue where frames start jumping up around 180fps and GPU usage up into the 90% range (4090) for a few seconds then it drops to normal and fps back to 90. Even seen it using all 24gb of GPU memory as the game cranks to a halt and I have to quit and restart the game. Tried following a couple of tips from Reddit but no joy. I've never seen HolographicShell running in "Go to Computer Management → System Tools → Performance → Data Collector Sets → Event Trace Sessions. In this list, find HolographicShell, right click, and choose ‘Stop’."

Hey guys I’ve just received my quest pro which I got brand new for £875, I was a bit worried that it might have been a scam but it arrived and is all legit. Coming from the quest 2 it’s a big improvement for pc vr hopefully some third party accessories will come out soon as the comfort is not so great but other than that I am very happy with it.

I picked mine up new off ebay for £850. I think it must be a lot of scalpers got caught out and now are getting their pants pulled down as there was never a shortage or the demand they expected.

I must be the only chump on here that bought it full price! Still, hopefully that means no warranty issues.

I can see Meta having to drop the price anyway as I don't think it's selling.

Someone pointed out that if Valve had created the Quest Pro and called it the Index 2, and sold it for a similar price then everyone would be singing its praises.

This headset and controllers are legit next level VR, especially for PCVR. I don't think it gets enough credit, though it isn't helped by a lack of software support for all those advanced features.

Last edited:
I must be the only chump on here that bought it full price! Still, hopefully that means no warranty issues.

I can see Meta having to drop the price anyway as I don't think it's selling.

Someone pointed out that if Valve had created the Quest Pro and called it the Index 2, and sold it for a similar price then everyone would be singing its praises.

This headset and controllers are legit next level VR, especially for PCVR. I don't think it gets enough credit, though it isn't helped by a lack of software support for all those advanced features.

Yeah I briefly owned a Index but as soon as I fired up the Quest Pro I knew it was going on ebay, its night and day for picture clarity. It really is a next level imagine compared.

There's a new demo that's appeared on the Quest store for the Pro controllers.

"First Touch for Meta Quest Pro Controllers"

This is the first demo I've tried that properly uses the enhanced haptic feedback of the Pro controllers, plus the pinch sensor.

It's a simple painting program where you can use spray cans, paint brushes and even your fingers to paint.

When you shake the spray cans you can feel the rattle of the mixing ball inside. When you spray the trigger vibrates. You can feel the brush dragging across the canvas when painting. It's pretty impressive!

It doesn't do the Pro's graphics justice, but it really gives an idea what the pro controllers can do.

Quest Pro is discounted $400 in the USA and £200 in the UK for one week.

I thought this would happen. It's obvious it's not selling well at its current price. With the Vive XR Elite coming soon I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a permanent price cut.

Those prices for the pro on the auction site do seem a bit strange to say the least, At what price are the sellers getting those sets and able to sell them on for just over the £800 mark, I'm probably sure the sellers are not making a loss, so what's going on, are Meta doing a less than 50% discount wholesale to sellers. Hard to know. I don't think its returns either as probably not a great deal sold.

Maybe there is no warranty (would be foolish to buy one without in my opinion)

I notice that a well known High St store (as we are not allowed to mentions names) have just one review for the pro, so though a great headset is not exactly flying off the shelves.

Taking into consideration the above prices, I am just wondering what is the story here, if Meta can really off load the pro at that price, why even bother releasing a Quest 3, just sell the pro for that price, I'm sure a lot of people will bite.

Those prices for the pro on the auction site do seem a bit strange to say the least, At what price are the sellers getting those sets and able to sell them on for just over the £800 mark, I'm probably sure the sellers are not making a loss, so what's going on, are Meta doing a less than 50% discount wholesale to sellers. Hard to know. I don't think its returns either as probably not a great deal sold.

I notice that a well known High St store (as we are not allowed to mentions names) have just one review for the pro, so though a great headset is not exactly flying off the shelves.

Taking into consideration the above prices, I am just wondering what is the story here, if Meta can really off load the pro at that price, why even bother releasing a Quest 3, just sell the pro for that price, I'm sure a lot of people will bite.
There's a huge difference between £800 and £300-400... I'd not dream of getting an £800 headset, but I can absolutely justify £3-400 to myself for the fun I've had with the q2.

The bill of parts for the Pro is around $700 so you could easily see why the price is $1500 once you take into account research and development and manufacturing and distribution costs.

I wonder how much a Pro without face and eye tracking could cost? Those two features are probably the least useful to gamers unless they're massively into social apps like VR Chat and Horizons.

However there does seem to be some renewed interest in the headset at that price, mainly from Index owners looking to upgrade.

One thing that does get to me is loads of people slagging off the Pro's resolution without having tried it. There's some weird magic going on because even though the resolution is technically less than Quest 2 its massively sharper and clearer. It's the biggest leap in VR clarity for a long while.

I think some people just like to diss things they can't afford. (And yes it is still too expensive even with a £200 discount).

The clarity and new controllers makes it very hard to go back to a previous headset. I don't regret getting mine. (Just wish someone would buy my Index, lol.)

Last edited:
Good to see a price cut but I suspect it won’t tempt anyone who wasn’t already considering buying the pro.

Personally I be holding off until we see a quest 3 but I’m sure a few folk will bite. Especially if they also connect it to a PC.

Plus, I’ve just spent £500 on a PSVR 2 headset so can’t really justify buying another VR headset this year!

Last edited:

I wonder if some of them are scalpers and they are just desperate to get something back.

Mine was defiantly brand new, all the protective films in place and the cable cardboard holder has be ripped to get the cable out and it was undamaged as from factory.

If something goes wrong I'll just contract Meta and say it was a present and so I don't have the receipt. They are meant to be reasonable customer service.

Back
Top Bottom