***Quest Pro Owners Club***

Seems to be common on Quest Pros apparently. Not really acceptable for such an expensive device. Still, earbuds work great if it gets too annoying.
It's only really noticable in quiet environments.

Earbuds work fine, but I quite like the freedom you get without having anything on my ears.

I have some separate left/right specific earbuds that I got for the Quest 1 that are more convenient than normal ones, though the sound quality isn't amazing.

That's the second Quest 1 add-on I've used on the Pro!

I'll be putting in a support request for Meta to bring this to their attention. There may be something they can do in a future update to improve that hiss, rather like they did with the Rift S sound issues.

I tried Project Cars 2 and Automobilista 3 on my racing seat and wheel on the Pro today.

Airlink looks a bit too compressed but a link cable at 500mbps looks amazing, very sharp and you can see the cars and the markers way off in the distance

What's more the performance was better than my Index which needed 150% supersampling to get an acceptable image.

Last edited:
I need to try Dirt Rally again. I'm not really a racing enthusiast as I'm pretty bad at racing, even with a wheel, but I love the experience of driving in VR.

The biggest issue with VR racing has always been the low resolution which leads to the difficulty of making out the markers for the curves and seeing the cars in the distance, plus reading the HUD and instrument panels. The Pro is massively better in this regard.

Finally got the V49 update last night. Interesting to see a controller update was included.

I've had a couple of tracking issues recently, which seems to be linked to going into passthrough mode and back out, which causes the controllers to jump position randomly. Restarting the headset fixes it though I think restarting the affected controller will work too.

Oh and it turns out the speaker hiss is pretty much universal, so replacing my headset probably wouldn't fix it. I also don't want to risk a new headset having other issues as apart from the hiss mine works fine.

It looks like it's headphones for those times where it's annoying. Not good enough for such an expensive device.

Last edited:
Was just about to post that!

I had these on both the CV1 and Index and they feel way better on the skin and soak up sweat when playing vigorous VR.

At 29 euros they're a tad expensive though.

I bought this for mine and its helped take weight off my forehead

I use an old Kiwi Design velcro strap I got for my Quest 1, which works well enough. Though if I take it off to show my headset to someone without it I can't seem to get it comfortable again without a lot of faffing about despite making sure the velcro is in the same place. :rolleyes:

Good News everyone!

In V50 the pro controllers will wake up a lot quicker.

Back
Top Bottom