***Quest Pro Owners Club***

I think this price cut is testing the water to see who bites at the lower price. If enough people do then I imagine the price cut will become permanent.

I sent a message to one of the sellers, asking about warranty, he replied "

yes, also comes with proof of purchase,​

Still think its a bit strange, can't imagine sellers buying up pro's at retail price hoping to make a profit over the xmas period

Last edited:
Well the first hands-on from Tested of the Vive XR Elite confirms that as I thought this isn't the Quest Pro killer than some people are bigging it up to be.

More like a Pico 4 with a detachable battery and diopter adjustment at 3x the price.

The main thing is the lenses, panels and FOV are nowhere near as good as the Pro.

The passthrough is much sharper, but it doesn't have the 3D and the 1:1 world scale of the Pro, where the passthrough blends seamlessly with your peripheral vision.

The controllers look like they're nowhere near as good as the Pro controllers. They're huge and bulky.

Really nice headset form factor though, and the diopter adjustment is ace.

Does anyone here play Automobilista 2 on their pro? I’m having some difficulty getting a smooth experience maxed out with the official link cable. My system has a 5800x3d and a 4090fe

Assume with the Pro you still get the Oculus Debug tool to fiddle about with some of the video settings.
Check things are at default there if you have made changes

Driving sims, speak to @TheOracle
He does it and I'm sure he could help with settings etc

@olliej82

Yep, I play that game quite a bit. It does take a 4090 to run it full throttle, but you shouldn't be having any issues

Take a look at some of these

In daytime races you can max everything out at 90. Night time, or heavy rain knock it down to 72 else you'll have to drop the graphics settings a fair chunk. To be honest, I thought 90 was way better than 72 when I had my 3080ti but actually it was just the gpu struggling. Now the 4090 is silky smooth, so I tend to stick at 72 but go mad with the eye candy. I also cant be arsed rebooting the headset when I play night races.

When you get it sorted, it's amazing. I mean, really amazing to the point I pulled over mid race just to sit and stare at a hotel nearby. It was almost like real life.

Last edited:
@olliej82

Yep, I play that game quite a bit. It does take a 4090 to run it full throttle, but you shouldn't be having any issues

Take a look at some of these

In daytime races you can max everything out at 90. Night time, or heavy rain knock it down to 72 else you'll have to drop the graphics settings a fair chunk. To be honest, I thought 90 was way better than 72 when I had my 3080ti but actually it was just the gpu struggling. Now the 4090 is silky smooth, so I tend to stick at 72 but go mad with the eye candy. I also cant be arsed rebooting the headset when I play night races.

When you get it sorted, it's amazing. I mean, really amazing to the point I pulled over mid race just to sit and stare at a hotel nearby. It was almost like real life.
Thanks for the reply, I’ve got it all ultra now at 80hz and I have around 25-30% headroom, daytime dry race with full grid of cars and that’s with the quest pro at 1.6x in the oculus software but no supersampling in game. I’ve not tried it at night / wet weather yet though. Does that sound about right?

Thanks for the reply, I’ve got it all ultra now at 80hz and I have around 25-30% headroom, daytime dry race with full grid of cars and that’s with the quest pro at 1.6x in the oculus software but no supersampling in game. I’ve not tried it at night / wet weather yet though. Does that sound about right?

I think the quest pro resolution is about the same as the pico 4. I'm using Virtual Desktop over WiFi and have it set at godmode which is native headset res. No additional supersampling that side. I'm not sure you want to be running 1.6x. It should look amazing without any. Game settings, I think mines all Ultra with full AA and eye candy. The only thing I wasn't bothered about was the wing mirrors, and there might have been something else. I'll check later.

I have 50% headroom during the day, and almost nothing at night, maybe 5-10% but that's at 72 which I'm more than happy with. When cars overtake me (which is quite often) they pass smoothly which is the main thing.

I believe 1.6x is native res in the oculus app but I’m not 100% sure

ah yes, it's been ages since I had my quest. I remember now.

It still goes through steam I assume? Might be worth buying fpsVR from the steam store and running that. You'll get some good stats about what's happening during gameplay.

Last edited:
1.7 is the max Airlink/Link quality in the the Oculus Àpp.

Technically the Pro is lower resolution than the Quest 2, and thus lower than the Pico, but theres some weird magic going on with the lenses and the optical stack which makes it look really sharp and clear.

I wish you could change the various settings on the fly like you can in Steam VR. It's annoying to have to restart the link connection if you change refresh rate.

Question. I was sure that I'd read somewhere that the Meta Quest Pro can't use it's Eye tracking for Dynamic Foveated Rendering for PCVR, only standalone. Is that correct?

Question. I was sure that I'd read somewhere that the Meta Quest Pro can't use it's Eye tracking for Dynamic Foveated Rendering for PCVR, only standalone. Is that correct?

Yes, at least currently.

It's possible that due to latency it'd not work over Airlink, but there's every reason to believe it'd work over a wired link, if Meta supported it.

Eye and face tracking has been made to work for VR chat, so you can get that data across to PC.

Another issue is currently Local Dimming isn't supported for PCVR, but it will be supported for Virtual Desktop soon, and that may nudge Meta into supporting it.

To be honest this is the most frustrating part of owning a Pro, that it has all these advanced features but not much supports them natively and they're currently locked away from PCVR.

Meta hasn't even published a roadmap of how they're doing to be supporting the headsets features in future.

It's like getting a Tesla and finding out the self-drive is deliberately limited to a couple of approved roads.

Last edited:
funny you mention that ravenger

i have headphones plugged in, on my pico 4, and when there's no sound playing through, i get hissing out of the speakers on the side of the headset

i can only hear it when the headset is off my head ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom