***Quest Pro Owners Club***

There are only a few native PC OpenXR games but that includes the big one, Flight Simulator.

It also includes Praydog's VR mods which means the Resident Evil games VR mods, which currently need a top-end PC to play.

Last edited:
The OpenXR toolkit was developed primarily for FS.

I hope this eye tracked foveated Rendering is true, as it could save me big bucks on a new graphics card.

Last edited:
There are only a few native PC OpenXR games but that includes the big one, Flight Simulator.

It also includes Praydog's VR mods which means the Resident Evil games VR mods, which currently need a top-end PC to play.
DCS too I think as of Jan 23 :)

This is actually very useful because Pimax Crystal at $1.6k is starting to look very expensive next to a price reduced Meta Quest Pro, particularly on auction sites where its selling for sub £800 now

DCS too I think as of Jan 23 :)

This is actually very useful because Pimax Crystal at $1.6k is starting to look very expensive next to a price reduced Meta Quest Pro, particularly on auction sites where its selling for sub £800 now

Be careful buying off auction sites, as Meta have been banning Meta accounts of some users who bought Pros off an auction site, and it turns out Meta thought the headsets had been stolen.
What's worse is Meta don't even tell the users exactly why the accounts were banned. One user got his account back by showing proof of purchase.

On the subject of eye tracked foveated rendering, apparently the performance gains in games supported by the OpenXR toolkit are about the same as its fixed foveated rendering (but of course with no visible quality losses). So you can see how much performance gains you'd get by trying that, as ETFR isn't available in the current build.

Last edited:

Light Brigade adds local dimming and eye-tracked foveated rendering for Quest Pro.

This is the first game to add these features due to user requests.

If anyone wants a referral then let me know.

Light Brigade adds local dimming and eye-tracked foveated rendering for Quest Pro.

This is the first game to add these features due to user requests.

If anyone wants a referral then let me know.

Is it crossbuy? And have you tried it yet?

No
Is it crossbuy? And have you tried it yet?

No crossbuy unfortunately. It's actually a pretty neat game, with some excellent shooting mechanics. Lovely audio and atmosphere, and very stylised graphics. It has a great interaction mechanic which is praying by bringing your hands together, and this can also be used to detect enemies.

I would say that performance even with ETFR isn't great, and it looks noticeably low resolution. I imagine it looks great on PC.

The local dimming is astounding though. Inky blacks and it looks like an OLED display.

If it had local dimming on PC I'd have bought that version as I'd love to play this with sharper graphics and better performance.

Some recent updates from Quest Pro land.

Carmack says local dimming could technically be enabled system wide, so there's no barrier to implementing it. However it does have a small performance hit.

Meta is rumoured to be adding a per app android property to override the local dimming settings but it's unlikely to drop until V52 firmware.

It's been confirmed that local dimming is enabled by default in the latest Oculus SDKs so more games should be supporting it automatically in future. This might explain why Walkabout Minigolf appears to be supporting it following their recent upgrades.

What we really want is an option to turn it on for link and Airlink for PCVR.

There appears to be an issue with eye tracked foveated rendering for PCVR using the beta OpenXR toolkit. Some users have reported it doesn't work unless you turn your guardian off. It seems to be a bug in the Oculus SDKs. However the streaming client ALVR doesn't appear to have this issue so it's still not clear what is causing the bug, only that disabling guardian fixes it. This is why the feature hasn't yet been released.

Last edited:
wow just saw a sealed quest pro for £700... .collection only. if i lived near Brighton i would be going on a road trip this afternoon.

if i could get £200 for my quest 2 with upgraded headmount and vr covers and £300 for my reverb G2 with V2 cable and included improved face plate it would be a very cheap upgrade and combine all my headsets into 1.

wow just saw a sealed quest pro for £700... .collection only. if i lived near Brighton i would be going on a road trip this afternoon.

if i could get £200 for my quest 2 with upgraded headmount and vr covers and £300 for my reverb G2 with V2 cable and included improved face plate it would be a very cheap upgrade and combine all my headsets into 1.

There have been a fair few of these sealed units being offered for sale, which seems a bit dodgy. Some users who bought them found their Meta accounts were banned, probably due to Meta considering the units stolen. Though at least one of those users got their account back after providing proof of purchase.

Back
Top Bottom