***Quest Pro Owners Club***

Foveated Rendering over link would be great too, but that could cause too many compatibility issues as not all games can support it - it depends on them using openXR, and the shaders being compatible.
Also we need the global local dimming toggle for native apps.

Last edited:
Would that actually make much difference? The limitation is the encoding/decoding at this point I would imagine, rather than the volume of data thrown across.

It's not the data volume it's the latency. It would reduce latency somewhat (though you would still have the encode/decode latency.)

Some people seem very sensitive to the Airlink latency. I'm not sure it's ever really bothered me though.

Last edited:
Nice tip to improve local dimming.

In the accessibilities options there's a contrast slider. Move that to the right a bit, and reduce brightness to 80%. This improves contrast and decreases the glow around bright objects somewhat. Adjust to your own preferences of course.

I tried this in the PC Vader Immortal (a game designed for the OLED Quest 1) and it looked incredible, though blooming was still apparent.

Got my Pro today, I selected the public test thing but I'm stuck on v50. How do you get v51?

Have you enabled it in the Meta phone app? You also need to be on the test channel both on the headset and the desktop app to get local dimming.

Once you enable it in the phone app you just go to system update and check for a new version and 51 should be available to download.

Last edited:
Have you enabled it in the Meta phone app? You also need to be on the test channel both on the headset and the desktop app to get local dimming.

Once you enable it in the phone app you just go to system update and check for a new version and 51 should be available to download.
Thank you, seems a bit convoluted. SOrted now, Walking dead is much better

Is there any point in upping the Rendering scale in the oculus app? Tried it at 1.5x but I don't see any difference.

Moving the slider all the way to the right means that you get native panel resolution for best clarity.

Have you tried using a link cable with the bitrate upped to 500 and encode width set to 3600 in the Oculus debug tool? That is massively sharper and clearer than wireless even at the same rendering scale.

Moving the slider all the way to the right means that you get native panel resolution for best clarity.

Have you tried using a link cable with the bitrate upped to 500 and encode width set to 3600 in the Oculus debug tool? That is massively sharper and clearer than wireless even at the same rendering scale.
My son has a cable, I'll try that later

T
ordered a lead, now just need to work out how to fully block all light. I'm not buying that £50 Full (partial) light blocker
The best alternative is an IR emitter, and play in the dark. I've tried this with my Index lighthouses which emit IR lasers, but only the headset tracked. It was however great. Total Immersion but nothing clamped to my face.

Tried a couple more games with Local Dimming turned on.

First was Ancient Dungeon which is a really addictive rogue-like dungeon crawler with Minecraft style graphics. Even though the graphics are deliberately low-def it is very atmospheric and the combat is enjoyable with the weapons feeling weighty.

On Quest 2 this looks noticably grey in dark scenes and the Pro is a little better for Quest native, but on PC the dimming makes a huge difference. The dark areas in the distance look way better and it just feels more contrasty.

The second was an old Oculus game Arktika 1. This is a 4A game, similar to Stalker in feel, but it uses teleport to give an almost time-crisis type of gameplay. This game was designed for the CV1 with its OLED screen and it really shows. This is probably the best demo of the dimming I've seen with very little glow in most scenes, but the dark areas are extremely black and your flashlight provides huge contrast. It looks just like an OLED and is incredible. The only bit of distracting glow is in the intro sequence when some light motes fly around you.

I've come here in the hope that someone may be able to help me. I've tried averywhere I can think of an still no joy, approxiamately 100 combined hours of tryi to fix this problem.

When using an Meta Quest Pro, with Assetto Corsa Competizione, the Oculus overlay is reporting that I'm running at a solid 80hz, with 99% headroom, yet I have constant stuttering. Even when the resolution is set to its lowest, abnd all in game settings are at their lowest, the stuttering persists.

My solution so far has been to dissable Global C-State Control and core performance boost in the bios, and set Dynamic preffered cores to Frequency. This has had a huge impact, and reduced the stuttering immensly. However, there is still the occassional micro stutter.

Would anyone have any suggestions on what other bios setting I may be able to change, to eliminate the stuttering completely?

Many thanks

QUOTE="danpmalpass, post: 36307997, member: 263723"]
I've come here in the hope that someone may be able to help me. I've tried averywhere I can think of an still no joy, approxiamately 100 combined hours of tryi to fix this problem.

When using an Meta Quest Pro, with Assetto Corsa Competizione, the Oculus overlay is reporting that I'm running at a solid 80hz, with 99% headroom, yet I have constant stuttering. Even when the resolution is set to its lowest, abnd all in game settings are at their lowest, the stuttering persists.

My solution so far has been to dissable Global C-State Control and core performance boost in the bios, and set Dynamic preffered cores to Frequency. This has had a huge impact, and reduced the stuttering immensly. However, there is still the occassional micro stutter.

Would anyone have any suggestions on what other bios setting I may be able to change, to eliminate the stuttering completely?

Many thanks
[/QUOTE]

Are you wired or wireless? What GPU/CPU?
Have you tried closing down all unnecessary apps as I find they can cause framerate hitches.

80hz? should the quest pro not be running at 90hz (apologies if I am wrong) but 80fps does not fit into 90hz and if so that could be the cause of your stutter?

edit just checked the quest pro does run at 90hz so if you have set your game to 80fps it will stutter. you need to find out why your are running at a locked 80fps and remove the lock. if you can't hit 90 which is your goal then let ASW carry the slack (which it will do for you . ideally get your FPS to 90 however

Last edited:
80hz? should the quest pro not be running at 90hz (apologies if I am wrong) but 80fps does not fit into 90hz and if so that could be the cause of your stutter?

The Quest Pro can run at 72, 80 and 90hz. 80hz is actually a good refresh rate as it allows better performance but is smoother than 72. The Rift S ran at 80hz too.

Back
Top Bottom