***Quest Pro Owners Club***

Mind you I'm having problems with Airlink today. It runs lovely and smooth then suddenly goes all laggy, like there's interference. I've even tried it on my WiFi 6 router and that's having issues. I've never had this problem before.

It was working fine the other day. The performance stats show that the frame times are fine, it's just the wireless connection. I should have a new link cable tomorrow, so we'll see how much better that is.

Last edited:
QUOTE="danpmalpass, post: 36307997, member: 263723"]
I've come here in the hope that someone may be able to help me. I've tried averywhere I can think of an still no joy, approxiamately 100 combined hours of tryi to fix this problem.

When using an Meta Quest Pro, with Assetto Corsa Competizione, the Oculus overlay is reporting that I'm running at a solid 80hz, with 99% headroom, yet I have constant stuttering. Even when the resolution is set to its lowest, abnd all in game settings are at their lowest, the stuttering persists.

My solution so far has been to dissable Global C-State Control and core performance boost in the bios, and set Dynamic preffered cores to Frequency. This has had a huge impact, and reduced the stuttering immensly. However, there is still the occassional micro stutter.

Would anyone have any suggestions on what other bios setting I may be able to change, to eliminate the stuttering completely?

Many thanks

Are you wired or wireless? What GPU/CPU?
Have you tried closing down all unnecessary apps as I find they can cause framerate hitches.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks - and sorry, forgot to add my specs - wired with a 7900x3d & 4090. Yep, tried everything on the OS side of things - enabling/disabling game bar, enabling/disabling game mode, enabling/disabling every setting in the NCP one by one.. fresh install, with both W11 and W10...

I know its an ACC unreal engine related problem, as everything else runs perfectly in 72/80 & 90hz and ACC was the same with my intel 12600, but disabling intel speedstep fixed it in the bios. Just wondering if there is a bios option that will have the same effect for the 7900x3d. AT this point im considering going back to my Intel board and upgrading my 12600 to a 13700.

Last edited:
Foveated Rendering over link would be great too, but that could cause too many compatibility issues as not all games can support it - it depends on them using openXR, and the shaders being compatible.
Also we need the global local dimming toggle for native apps.
If you sign up for a developer account at https://developer.oculus.com/sign-up/ then you can enable developer mode in the oculus desktop app (which will allow you to enable eye tracking over link) and enable developer mode on the meta quest mobile app you can then use the OpenXR toolkit https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/ to enable Eye Tracked Foveated Rendering for supported games like MSFS 2020. Then you can also use another tool OpenComposite https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/-/tree/openxr which intercepts SteamVR and translates to OpenXR for a lot better performance and Eye tracking in supported games.. I use this for ACC.

Another tip in the oculus diagnostic tool, you can set the bitrate value above 500, if you type it in something like notepad and copy it in, it gets around the 500 max limit. Im currently using a setting around 960 which pretty much eliminates all artifacts in ACC for me.

Last edited:
Anyone got a good way to fully block the light on this thing, I can't get past it and it's making think I should stick to my Rift s for now. That official one apparently doesn't fully block it. There are 3d printed ones on etsy but they wont work with my glasses

Anyone got a good way to fully block the light on this thing, I can't get past it and it's making think I should stick to my Rift s for now. That official one apparently doesn't fully block it. There are 3d printed ones on etsy but they wont work with my glasses
@Ravenger has the real one, I'm not even using the side blockers so not much help there :(

Would lens inserts help and allow it to be closer to your face?

@Ravenger has the real one, I'm not even using the side blockers so not much help there :(

Would lens inserts help and allow it to be closer to your face?
Prescription lenses? I've considered it but They're about £80 and I wanna be sure I'm getting the best option

Just tried it without my glasses, so much better but blurry :)

Last edited:
there may be better places to get them but these reviewed well on YouTube (not tried myself)

The official light blocker works better for me than the reviewers say. It's not perfect but it's much better than the side blockers and it's easier to snap on and off. I would say it's horrible with glasses though, which is a shame as the headset without blockers on your face is so much nicer.

Prescription lenses get around that and make it more pleasurable to use as you can just put the headset on without fiddling and dial the lenses right in.

I do want to get an IR illuminator though as using the Pro in complete darkness with no blockers or facial interface is incredible. I just couldn't get the controllers to track using my Index lighthouses which emit IR lasers.

The Airlink problems I was having just went away, which is weird. Might have been some misconfiguration issue with the debug tool, but it's all fine now. Just glad its playable again.
Some games still work better on a cable though.

The official light blocker works better for me than the reviewers say. It's not perfect but it's much better than the side blockers and it's easier to snap on and off. I would say it's horrible with glasses though, which is a shame as the headset without blockers on your face is so much nicer.

Prescription lenses get around that and make it more pleasurable to use as you can just put the headset on without fiddling and dial the lenses right in.

I do want to get an IR illuminator though as using the Pro in complete darkness with no blockers or facial interface is incredible. I just couldn't get the controllers to track using my Index lighthouses which emit IR lasers.
Ok I think part of the problem was not wearing it in the right position, I'm finding it difficult to find a balance of low down and in focus because of my glasses. Going to spend an hour looking at lenses. Anyone got any recommendations? VR lens labs is the one I was looking at

Is anyone playing Elite Dangerous on one of these? I have a HP Reverb but don't feel it has much in the way of 3D depth or scale, also space is grey. How is the QPro in Elite, is space actually black or is it a mid grey curtain sitting 2m away from you like the Reverb?

Is anyone playing Elite Dangerous on one of these? I have a HP Reverb but don't feel it has much in the way of 3D depth or scale, also space is grey. How is the QPro in Elite, is space actually black or is it a mid grey curtain sitting 2m away from you like the Reverb?
Think it was nice and dark, I reinstalled the other day but only did the training to get buttons back in memory. I'll load it up in a mo

It's pretty dark, though it'll be never be as good as OLED. Actually the best contrast levels are seen in the cockpit which looks amazing.

However the best reason for getting a Pro isn't the black levels, it's the edge to edge clarity which means you can look around with your eyes when dogfighting rather than having to move your head, as well as insanely clear visuals, even wireless.

Last edited:
in the box of the meta quest pro is there a warranty registration.card or is the only warranty with the shop it came from.
there are a glut of never used brand new quest pros on eBay from £700-£750 and some of the sellers have very good feed back (am ignoring single digit feedback accounts)

Last edited:
There's no warranty card in the box. If you buy it from a seller make sure they give you the proof of purchase.

BTW. I've opened a support request with Meta (again) as the distortion at the edge of the lenses is getting distracting. I'm sure my previous headset hadn't got that.

Back
Top Bottom