***Quest Pro Owners Club***

There's no warranty card in the box. If you buy it from a seller make sure they give you the proof of purchase.

BTW. I've opened a support request with Meta (again) as the distortion at the edge of the lenses is getting distracting. I'm sure my previous headset hadn't got that.

Could be glaucoma.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

Turns out my Brother in Law has a Quest Pro and I can use it as he gets motion sickness. Result. I'll have a play with Sim Racing in VR.

Ok. I've got it.....wow, what a hugely frustrating experiance. I'm probably 2 hours in now across 2 attempts, giving up both times.

Chain of events....

I've installed the 5GIG! ffs oculus app, joined quest to wifi, realised the supplied usbc cable needs to be replaced with a £100 one if you want to use it tethered. I've setup air link.

When I put the headset on obviously I can see SFA of the real world. 85% of the time there's a guardian message and I can't click past it. Sometimes i see 3 dots, other thimes it's one. When it does work I can highlight and click the button using the RHS volume (?) buttons on the quest.

If I take the cover off the quest so the camera activates I get a message about a boundry. I've never been able to select that to even attempt to do anything.

Obverall so far this has been a horrible experiance and if i'd spent a grand on it i'd be crying.

All I want to do is load my came normally, select VR, put the headset on and play. Is that possible? What am I missing?

God knows how a mere mortal is supposed to make these work.

Help. :)

Last edited:
Ok. I've got it.....wow, what a hugely frustrating experiance. I'm probably 2 hours in now across 2 attempts, giving up both times.

Chain of events....

I've installed the 5GIG! ffs oculus app, joined quest to wifi, realised the supplied usbc cable needs to be replaced with a £100 one if you want to use it tethered. I've setup air link.

When I put the headset on obviously I can see SFA of the real world. 85% of the time there's a guardian message and I can't click past it. Sometimes i see 3 dots, other thimes it's one. When it does work I can highlight and click the button using the RHS volume (?) buttons on the quest.

If I take the cover off the quest so the camera activates I get a message about a boundry. I've never been able to select that to even attempt to do anything.

Obverall so far this has been a horrible experiance and if i'd spent a grand on it i'd be crying.

All I want to do is load my came normally, select VR, put the headset on and play. Is that possible? What am I missing?

Wireless? Set to 200 fixed bitrate if you can and move the resolution slider all the way to the right.
In the Oculus Debug Tool set encode width to 3600 and the distortion curvature to low.

Last edited:

It's too short. You need a 5m cable really. Even if you're sitting down you need the slack to ensure you don't accidently yank the cable out of either the headset or PC.

Ideally you should buy a cable designed for wired link, though they do vary. I've found the expensive official cable is much better than others I've tried, as it's far thinner and lighter.

Cabled link does offer far better quality if you up the bitrate to 500. It's near display port levels and has less latency than wireless. However wireless works great for the majority of games.

Last edited:
Hello all.

I've just taken the plunge on a relatively "cheap" open box Quest Pro from the bay...I've had a Quest 2 since launch, any recommendations on what I should try first that will highlight the upgrade?
PC in signature...

Any tips appreciated,

Cheers

Hello all.

I've just taken the plunge on a relatively "cheap" open box Quest Pro from the bay...I've had a Quest 2 since launch, any recommendations on what I should try first that will highlight the upgrade?
PC in signature...

Any tips appreciated,

Cheers
The local dimming in walkabout it's awesome ;) :cry:

Half life alyx, looks stunning and really shows of the controllers
Ams2 looks so much clearer
Elite dangerous darker and clearer
Prime vr I've watched a few movies now, make sure you change display setting to best

Last edited:
Foveated Rendering over link would be great too, but that could cause too many compatibility issues as not all games can support it - it depends on them using openXR, and the shaders being compatible.
Also we need the global local dimming toggle for native apps.

Local dimming on Public Test Channel is a game changer. I would imagine it will be rolled out to everyone soon, it might already have happened but for PCVR it really is incredible.

There are ways to get certain games running openXR, I did look at it but haven't actually tried it yet.

Last edited:

Chain of events....

Buy a cable on Amazon, I got this one and its been faultless.

I'm blown away by the QP. Have owned a Rift S and Index and its such an incredible leap forward due to the image being sharp edge to edge.

Got a cable. It reports it does 2.5gbps on the quest link test. I think it’s as expected though with a cheap knock off cable….as it “glitches”. Just some digital distortion appearing now and then.

It will be sent back. :)

Back
Top Bottom