***Quest Pro Owners Club***

Got my Lenses from VR Lens Labs.
If you wear glasses, use VR a lot I can hugely recommend them. I went for the most expensive ones (Maximised) which give you a slightly larger fov.

Where did you order these lenses from mate cos i'm thinking of getting some too.

Edit I see it now VR lens labs.

Last edited:
V56 is now dropping via the public test channel, and this finally has an experimental option to turn on local dimming for native apps by default - a feature that should have been in by default from day one.

It definitely improves some of the darker games like Beat Saber and Cosmodread.

Also available is a swipe keyboard. Not sure of any other changes. Haven't tried PC VR with it yet.

My lenses have arrived from VRoptician, which is ace, as I can not only ditch my glasses and thus avoid the potential for scratching both my glasses and the QP lenses, but also allows me to have the lens physically closer to my eyes, which helps the FOV.

I've also improvised an over the head strap, as per my old Rift S. That helps better distribute weight and makes it a LOT more comfortable.
I wonder if it's possible to offboard the battery? Anyone done it?

I've found that with a Sudioform Creative Strap it's now very comfortable. The Globular Cluster upgrade set is also getting good reviews and the latest version has a padded top strap.

As for batteries, you can't offload the built in battery but you can connect an external. However putting it on the back tends to unbalance it. I use a neck worn battery which is way more comfortable as it doesn't add any extra weight to the headset.

Funny when they say the quest 3 is more "powerful" like it's the only thing that matters. I think I've only used a native app once.

I would say that it is one of the most important things about it. It's significantly more powerful. It's going to allow the development of better apps and games. For those that might be considering buying the Quest Pro second hand, the fact that the Quest 3 is more powerful is probably the biggest factor in them not jumping on any Pro deals. I know it's the main reason I haven't bought the Pro yet.

And I am sorry to say that people like yourself, who have never used a native app, are a very small subset of total VR users. Even the total number of PCVR gamers out there is small compared to the number of people who have rarely or never used a PC for VR.

And I am sorry to say that people like yourself, who have never used a native app, are a very small subset of total VR users. Even the total number of PCVR gamers out there is small compared to the number of people who have rarely or never used a PC for VR.

Source or just guesswork?
The most committed VR users that I've come across seem to be using them for sims, e.g. driving, space and flight.

The most committed VR users that I've come across seem to be using them for sims, e.g. driving, space and flight.

You can just look at the steam player numbers to get a fair idea of that. 20 million q2 headsets sold, but nowhere near that showing up steam, think it's only like 15k monthly average players doing VR with steam (source here: https://vrlfg.net/Charts ). Now obviously steam isn't everything, but those are tiny numbers. Even if 95% of q2 headsets aren't used once per month even, it's still more than 50x the number in steam.

Not guesswork. Look at Steam. Roughly 3 million PCVR headset users. Yet Meta sold over 20 million Quest 2s. Even if those numbers are not totally accurate, it still shows that the vast majority of VR users don't use their headset with a PC.

Then there is the info from developers. There are so many reports from developers showing massively increased sales on the Quest 2 versus the PC. Developers saying that they make more selling 1 game on the Quest 2 in two months than selling 2 games for 4 years on the PC.

PCVR numbers don't look great next to Quest 2 numbers. And that difference is going to grow if the Quest 3 is a success.

Last edited:
I think I've solved the comfort issue.
Just taken delivery of a pack of 4 zeltauto 20" cinch straps. Basically, they're fairly wide elastic straps, I assume for holding luggage together. Either way, they make lovely and very cheap straps for the top of the QP. Cost was just £11 for 4.

The only reason I bought the quest pro was for the pc I have no interest in the stand alone thing and I would think most people who bought the pro are the same.

Back
Top Bottom