***Quest Pro Owners Club***

The only reason I bought the quest pro was for the pc I have no interest in the stand alone thing and I would think most people who bought the pro are the same.

I bought the Pro because Youtubers were raving about how good it was for PC, and I needed something clearer and sharper than my Index. The fact it can also replace my Quest 2 for standalone is a bonus.

Some developers have bought one for prototyping AR games though, as though the passthrough isn't amazing quality the actual AR experience is pretty good.

I've found that with a Sudioform Creative Strap it's now very comfortable. The Globular Cluster upgrade set is also getting good reviews and the latest version has a padded top strap.

As for batteries, you can't offload the built in battery but you can connect an external. However putting it on the back tends to unbalance it. I use a neck worn battery which is way more comfortable as it doesn't add any extra weight to the headset.
I've got the GC set and it transformed the comfort. Before long sim sessions ended in discomfort or even pain, after no issues at all....except my sweaty head.

I think they should push quest pro as a PC gaming headset

PC gaming isn't Meta's focus, but I think they should push the Pro as an all-round enthusiasts headset, with all the extra features that they might need.

A Quest Pro 2 would be the guts of a Quest 3 with MiniLED or MicroOLED separate panels, eye and face tracking and a similar form factor to a Quest Pro with the open faceplate, and the Pro controllers.

Similar to how there are iPhone standard and Pro phones or Pixel and Pixel Pro phones. Give a higher end more expensive option for those that want a more premium product. Don't market it towards a particular use like they did for the original Pro which made many people wrongly decide it was not for them.

Last edited:
PC gaming isn't Meta's focus, but I think they should push the Pro as an all-round enthusiasts headset, with all the extra features that they might need.
I think that's right if anything they want to pull people onto Meta's platform away from PCVR if they can in order to control it... its also one of the main issues I have with them.

Whatever way you want to look at it if you're into more graphically demanding VR there is no way in hell a mobile processor is going to get close to a discrete CPU/GPU. Meta could if they wanted make some serious waves personally I hope Apple's incursion causes them to think about high quality and standards in a product as well as the value end both have their place imho.

I think that's right if anything they want to pull people onto Meta's platform away from PCVR if they can in order to control it... its also one of the main issues I have with them.

Whatever way you want to look at it if you're into more graphically demanding VR there is no way in hell a mobile processor is going to get close to a discrete CPU/GPU. Meta could if they wanted make some serious waves personally I hope Apple's incursion causes them to think about high quality and standards in a product as well as the value end both have their place imho.

The market decided what way Meta went. They tried for 4/5 years to get PCVR going, they pumped millions into game development, subsidising headsets etc. That changed after they released the first Quest. In the first few months after release the Quest sales had outsold the total combined sales of the Rift S and the Oculus Go by double. The Valve Index estimated sales for the same time period was 46,000 units.

As for Apple's incursion, We don't know what that will be like yet. The price alone is ridiculous. You can't game on it. You can't even connect it to a Mac in the same way as you connect headsets to PCs. It doesn't support controllers. If Meta does decide to combat the Apple Headset, it will be a headset firmly aimed at businesses and out of the price range of majority of people.

Nobody is suggesting the current mobile processors can match a discrete GPU? Every headset that connects to a PC uses the computers GPU. And if you want to an expensive headset to connect to a PC, there are already loads of options. Vive Pro 2, Pimax Crystal, Varjo Aero, Varjo Vr-3 etc.

Wondering if there might be a fire sale on qpro once the quest 3 cones out. The eye tracking is becoming useful in games and it may be worth picking one up.

Have seen some new ebay pros going for £650

Last edited:
Wondering if there might be a fire sale on qpro once the quest 3 cones out. The eye tracking is becoming useful in games and it may be worth picking one up.

Have seen some new ebay pros going for £650

Yeah I have seen a couple of really good deals near me. I am still holding out until more details about the Quest 3 are released. On one hand I would love to the extra performance of the Quest 3. But I would also love the screens and lenses of the Quest pro.

Well I've finally got around to packing up my Index headset which has been resting - literally - on top of my PC since I got the Pro. I've left the base stations mounted for the moment, just in case I do get a bigscreen Beyond at some point.

The Pro has made it redundant, with controller tracking as good if not better, an image quality that blows the Index away, and sound and comfort that are pretty good (though not as good as the Index), plus of course the ability to do wireless PCVR.

Now my Quest pro sits on top of the PC, much more accessible than before. Feels like the end of an era. :D

As regards cheaper pro prices on ebay, not so sure if you can buy reasonably priced breakdown insurance for them, my Quest 2 breakdown cover cost me an additional £65, in my opinion its a must have.

i am tempted with a sealed ebay quest pro but worried about a lack of warranty. oculus apparnetly only cover the 1st buyer

just had a look now, loads are going for £600 new delivered.......... all from sellers with under 25 feedback.

some of these sellers claim to have multple headsets so presumably traders, but if so why the low feedback and how are they making profit on them.

also having been looking for a few months now, i am seeing the same images cropping up on different sale posts and from different people. it could be innocent and laziness but for such a high ticket item why not take your own pics.
if it were me selling i would also include a postit note with my ebay user name on the image.

Last edited:
i am tempted with a sealed ebay quest pro but worried about a lack of warranty. oculus apparnetly only cover the 1st buyer

I'd be wary. Some people have bought these successfully, but others have had their Meta accounts suspended as Meta thought the devices were stolen. However most seem to have got their accounts back after providing proof of purchase from eBay.

just had a look now, loads are going for £600 new delivered.......... all from sellers with under 25 feedback.

some of these sellers claim to have multple headsets so presumably traders, but if so why the low feedback and how are they making profit on them.

also having been looking for a few months now, i am seeing the same images cropping up on different sale posts and from different people. it could be innocent and laziness but for such a high ticket item why not take your own pics.
if it were me selling i would also include a postit note with my ebay user name on the image.
I bought mine for £700 something months ago on ebay brand new, didn't have much feedback but I figured the buyer protection is just silly on ebay so nothing to worry about. It was fine

Back
Top Bottom