1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quote me a Air Rifle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VeNT, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Sanzy

Banned

how come all the one shot kills or dont do it at all :confused: i know its a cute ickle bunny rabbit and i would never shoot one or shoot anything for that matter but if a fox goes upto it and starts ripping it apart you think that will always kill it strate away?

What about poor fishys when you fish for them and rip a whole in the mouth :( or when you gas flys / wasps and poison rats ... How come its only awwww kill him in one shot if hes all big and fluffy

Im not saying i dont kill insects and rats and stuff but if it needs to be killed it needs to be killed 1 shot or more .. im not saying torture it and keep it alive on a drip but if it takes you more shots then so be it

2. Luseac

Mobster

I rest my case.

You should look at a £70-£150 .22 12 ft.lb rifle :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  3. melchy

Soldato

I always used Eley Wasps for hunting purposes. I personally wouldnt use a .177 for hunting.

4. ElvisFan

Mobster

This guy talks sense

5. ElvisFan

Mobster

A VERY good pellet in their day.

If hunting at 12ftlb I would only use .177 cal. Less trajectory to think about.

6. Feek

Commissario

I've emailed your trust address.

K.

7. VeNT

Capodecina

thx, I think I'll do that

8. Rich1988

Soldato

I dont use pointed imo there totally innacurate, use a good expensive accupell in conjunction with my webley exocet and simmons optics, you get rabbit dispatched in one shot :)

[​IMG]

just thought i would post that pic again since someone else psoted a pic of their B2

9. Rich1988

Soldato

here is man who knows what he is on about, I only have ever used pointed pellets in my co2 pistol which I would never ever use for hunting. :p

10. Cybermyk

Soldato

11. Rich1988

Soldato

yea you are right but I have only ever used full 12ftlb rifles so I swear by accupell ;)

12. ElvisFan

Mobster

Accupels are Crosman Premiers that failed quality control. I'm serious.

They aren't bad pellets though. They just need washing to stop your barrel's rifling getting gouled-up. They look mirror-finished, but look at your hands after touching them.

Actually it's good practice to wash pellets anyway. Just swill them in tepid water / fairy liquid, rinse in a collander, and leave to dry.

Your rifle will love you for it.

13. Mark A

Capodecina

Dont what ever you do go and buy a cheapo Chinese gun like a B2, for one you wont be able to hit anything and you will injure the animal rather than a clean kill. You want to get a good springer for what you will be using it for such as a BSA Lightening or Webley Exocet. If you dont mind paying a bit extra you could get a Webley Longbow or HW95, both excellent guns and more than capable of clean kills at 40 yards.

Look on AirgunBBS for some useful info, I'm a member there and have always had good advice for the lads.

[​IMG]

These are what i use and they do a superb job, i can hit a 5p 9 times out of ten at 40 yards.

mark

14. Mark A

Capodecina

I find that AA fields are the best for my rifles but ive also had good results from FTT's.

Mark

15. Rich1988

Soldato

I can do that also :) but only sitting down

16. AthlonTom

Banned

Not really wanting to get involved as the threa has kind of degenerated since my last post. But you will need different types of pellet for english and german guns.

5.56 mm vs 5.5 mm

17. VeNT

Capodecina

does 0.06mm make that much difference in pellets? iirc they are mostly lead and soft

18. AthlonTom

Banned

well if your going to pay for ammo - it may was well be the right type, you can tell the difference.

19. zenith10

Wise Guy

air arms and daystate pellets are the two best along with jsb because there copies of the daystate pellets

20. A[L]C

Soldato

nice rifle. Ive always like the falcon. Never shot one, but love the look of them.

[​IMG]