• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

Not a great "pre" Review so the AMD boys and girls will love this :D, anyhow was Teamviewer running during the benchmarks????

Ouch lol

Paraphrase: When we average out all the benchmarks the 13900k is 1% faster in games than the 12900k

isnt that what e cores are for ? it has 16 of them ?
Surely though if your not using the e cores that allows you more headroom to push the p cores further. I certainly wouldn't let that 1 review determine whether or not to proceed with your purchase without seeing the proper reviews on the 20th, you can always send it back if you need to with more information gathered.

Surely though if your not using the e cores that allows you more headroom to push the p cores further. I certainly wouldn't let that 1 review determine whether or not to proceed with your purchase without seeing the proper reviews on the 20th, you can always send it back if you need to with more information gathered.

I wouldnt get one anyway if I had 12th gen already, yeah I was only going by that video so could be something wrong soon find out but you said affected results massively but how when the thing has 16 e cores ? and its on custom water loop and using DDR5 7600

Don't get the problem with the Frame Chaser video

Surely its going to be slightly better than 12900K but not worth upgrading if you already have a 12900K was the take away.

Is anyone actually surprised that it doesn't perform much better than 12900K in games.

For most people it probably won't who are limited to stock and who just turn on XMP.

Thought the whole point was waiting to see if RPL has a better IMC so you can run 7000+, note that this time they have also already announced the KS in advance so surely all the best bins will be kept aside.

Last edited:
Isn't it a bit crappy to the retailer buying something and then just sending it back once you see the reviews? It costs them time and money to sort out.
You get 14 days to return and as long as it's not opened there shouldn't be an issue.
I wouldnt get one anyway if I had 12th gen already, yeah I was only going by that video so could be something wrong soon find out but you said affected results massively but how when the thing has 16 e cores ? and its on custom water loop and using DDR5 7600
I did have 12th gen, the mobo went back cos it had a faulty ram slot(apex) and my KS wasn't the best sample. Weren't the e cores disabled for the gaming tests??

You get 14 days to return and as long as it's not opened there shouldn't be an issue.

I did have 12th gen, the mobo went back cos it had a faulty ram slot(apex) and my KS wasn't the best sample. Weren't the e cores disabled for the gaming tests??

I wasnt expecting much gaming increase over 12th gen pretty sure wont be 1% only lol main difference will be multi workloads with the extra added e cores more interested seeing the gaming results of the 13600k

Last edited:
I wasnt expecting much gaming increase over 12th gen pretty sure wont be 1% only lol main difference will be multi workloads with the extra added e cores more interested seeing the gaming results of the 13600k

The 13600K should definitely show some improvement over the 12600K for gaming with the extra L2 cache and higher frequency.

The 13600K should definitely show some improvement over the 12600K for gaming with the extra L2 cache and higher frequency.

shame the price increased was looking really interesting if it retained 12600k price, currently the 12700k is priced around the same with 8p - 8e

Last edited:
Ouch lol

Paraphrase: When we average out all the benchmarks the 13900k is 1% faster in games than the 12900k

Not watched the full video, but appears he turned off 16 of the 24 cores of the CPU, so this may have affected the results a bit.

Looking forward to the official reviews :)

Last edited:

Not a great "pre" Review so the AMD boys and girls will love this :D, anyhow was Teamviewer running during the benchmarks????

It will be slightly higher than 1% in real reviews because he ran both 12 and 13 gen overclocked, 13 gen is just a clocked up 12 gen, i don't know what else anyone was expecting? That has been Intel's MO for more than a decade, you would think people would have learned that by now. :)

You can get the same gaming results from 12 gen, absolutely no point in anyone on 12 gen to upgrade.

Last edited:
He turned off the e-cores to let the p-cores clock as high as possible… which has been the general advice for those looking to maximise performance.

The main reason to do this for ADL was:
1. for those still on Windows 10 at the time and core scheduling issues
2. There was an architecture bug which limited the Ring frequency with ecores enabled

On RPL, enabling ecores won't impact your ring. Most are on W11 which is much improved on core scheduling. Since vcore is supplied to the Pcores + ecores and Pcores will always need more voltage than the ecores, you're not having to additional voltage just to have ecores enabled.

The best gaming core configurations for RPL in order:
- 8c24t (ecores on and HT off) or 8c8t (HT off and ecores off)
- 8c32t (HT on and ecores on)
- 8c16t (ecores off and HT on)

If there's some weird scenario where you're extremely thermally limited that the power draw from ecores is a problem when doing stress testing, then that's a scenario I suppose that's possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom