• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

Depending on what review you wanna read honestly. I don't know what's going on, but some reviewers either failed or are lying. Compare techpowerups number for example to igorslab / guru3d / club386 / computerbase. Youll get waaay different results. Just looking at the stock CBR23 numbers there is a huge discrepency, one gets 32k @ 253w and the others get 39k at 253w , lol
Guru3D said it's down to which motherboard was used, as all different motherboards have different PL1/PL2 rates.

"It has to be stated that today you'll see very different reviews on performance throughout a lot of media. See, the motherboard manufacturers get to decide how the CPU is configured concerning PL1/PL2 states (the maximum allowed energy consumption during a set timeframe, and these values will differ everywhere. We also noticed that when you run a benchmark, often the score is never 100% the same."

Last edited:
Ιt proves that what I said yesterday was true, we got more than 40% performance increase at similar wattage (240 vs 250) in 1 year at the same node. That's freaking insane. Think about it. Amd needed 2 years, double the power consumption and a node shrink for the same performance increase.
My 5950X uses 220W full load, You saying 7950X uses 440w? Also you said yesterday the absolute power draw of 13900k was 250w yet today it has been proved it draws at least 300w. Remeber 250w absolute limit you said

My 5950X uses 220W full load, You saying 7950X uses 440w? Also you said yesterday the absolute power draw of 13900k was 250w yet today it has been proved it draws at least 300w. Remeber 250w absolute limit you said
Of course if you remove the power limits it can draw 1k watts, never said otherwise. With stock power limits, it literally cannot exceed 250 watts, that's why it's called power limit. Saying otherwise is just idiotic.

It doesnt

image.png

So a 7950X performs better than a 13900K at any given power limit?

I don't see other places getting 41k from the unlimited 13900K unless they are just doing a 1 minute run. It starts to throttle after that and with the 10 minute runs the performance comes down quite a bit.
Don't focus on the power unlimited results, those are irrelevant. Check the stock 253w results, computerbase gets 38k while tpup gets 32k. The difference is just huge

Of course if you remove the power limits it can draw 1k watts, never said otherwise. With stock power limits, it literally cannot exceed 250 watts, that's why it's called power limit. Saying otherwise is just idiotic.
No you said absolute limit, you have also said on countless occassions that you do not care about stock setting. Stop changing the narrative. I'll give you though that the 13600 looks good

So they still haven't fixed the idle power draw problem? Zen 4 consumes 10 times as much as the 12900k, wtf

but ignores rest of the chart 7700x using 102w load while 13700k using 181w thats more concerning to me also regressed 13700k idle is higher than 12900k ,

the hybrid thing sounds good on paper or is it not refined does windows need to improve to make use of it ? just seems bruteforced to me

Last edited:
No you said absolute limit, you have also said on countless occassions that you do not care about stock setting. Stop changing the narrative. I'll give you though that the 13600 looks good
Obviously I mean with stock power limits. If you remove the limits of course it's going to draw as much as you want it to draw, what are you even talking about?

Ιt proves that what I said yesterday was true, we got more than 40% performance increase at similar wattage (240 vs 250) in 1 year at the same node. That's freaking insane. Think about it. Amd needed 2 years, double the power consumption and a node shrink for the same performance increase.
You think that's amazing?

The same slide shows the 7950X scoring over 36,000 at 100 watts less.

How amazing is that?

You think that's amazing?

The same slide shows the 7950X scoring over 36,000 at 100 watts less.

How amazing is that?

yeah it sounds amazing if you just look at own progress and not outside but thats how he thinks so makes sense why to him it sounds impressive all that progress and still not as efficient for what both have for sale currently so not that impressive , if we lived in Intel only world that would be impressive

Last edited:
Obviously I mean with stock power limits. If you remove the limits of course it's going to draw as much as you want it to draw, what are you even talking about?
Not what you said though. Absolute means absolute. Maybe your 13900K will help you search the online dictionary a little faster

yeah it sounds amazing if you just look at own progress and not outside but thats how he thinks so makes sense why to him it sounds impressive all that progress and still not as efficient for what both have for sale currently so not that impressive , if we lived in Intel only world that would be impressive
It's amazing cause Intel only had 1 year from the release of alderlake to catch up to 2 years worth of progress on AMD's part, and on top of that with a die shrink. Don't know man, if you don't find that progress amazing I don't know what to tell you, it probably has never happened EVER before in the history of anything computer related, including gpus.

Pleased with my choice of the 13600K

Any chance you can run this benchmark if you have this game:

The Core i5 13600K looks pretty solid IMHO!

I also started a review thread:

Last edited:
Any chance you can run this benchmark if you have this game:

The Core i5 13600K looks pretty solid IMHO!
Mine doesn’t arrive until tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom