• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

Yeah on newer Intel, but AMD. AMD has no e-waste cores. Even if they start to implement them, they will have performance chips without them and AMD is going to put e-cores only in mobile or lower tier products. Not Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 9 stuff.

have to wait till 5 Jan 2022 – 7 Jan 2022 to find out more info about x3d , Ive decided with go with AMD if the x3d are really good and hopefully in that time b650e boards are better priced , 13th gen is the end for this platform and at least still have zen5 and zen5 3d option still later with b650e board

have to wait till 5 Jan 2022 – 7 Jan 2022 to find out more info about x3d , Ive decided with go with AMD if the x3d are really good and hopefully in that time b650e boards are better priced , 13th gen is the end for this platform and at least still have zen5 and zen5 3d option still later with b650e board

Well actually B650E boards are not bad priced unless you are looking at $150 or less but then you get mediocre or poor VRMs. And plus I do not need all the overloaded features of X670E. Just want a strong VRM and it appears the $300 B650E- ROG Strix E from Asus has that.

Well actually B650E boards are not bad priced unless you are looking at $150 or less but then you get mediocre or poor VRMs. And plus I do not need all the overloaded features of X670E. Just want a strong VRM and it appears the $300 B650E- ROG Strix E from Asus has that.

cant find it here and only place which I never used or heard of its at £454.21 ,I aint going over £300 and also dont want the cheap stripped ones either

1fd2d3ca066f6ddb.jpg

@Nickolp1974 Guess I'm waiting.

Another picture!

x0F9ic7.png

@ScottiB Will you offer pre-orders on the Apex? :D

Guru3D said it's down to which motherboard was used, as all different motherboards have different PL1/PL2 rates.

"It has to be stated that today you'll see very different reviews on performance throughout a lot of media. See, the motherboard manufacturers get to decide how the CPU is configured concerning PL1/PL2 states (the maximum allowed energy consumption during a set timeframe, and these values will differ everywhere. We also noticed that when you run a benchmark, often the score is never 100% the same."
As usual, the scores are all over the place due to different PL settings, different RAM used, different coolers etc.
While Zen 4 still seems the best bet overall from my perspective, I still think that RL does surprisingly well at lower power settings, considering that it's a stop gap product on the same node size as AL.
It's all so expensive though and I'm glad I have no need to upgrade.
An i5 for £380! :eek:

As usual, the scores are all over the place due to different PL settings, different RAM used, different coolers etc.
While Zen 4 still seems the best bet overall from my perspective, I still think that RL does surprisingly well at lower power settings, considering that it's a stop gap product on the same node size as AL.
It's all so expensive though and I'm glad I have no need to upgrade.
An i5 for £380! :eek:
I'll probably pick up a 7600X early next year. Will be a mamoth upgrade from my 6600K :D

@MartinPrince The Core i5 13600K thrashes a Ryzen 5 7600 and Ryzen 7 7700X in Photolab and Lightroom:

Even in Adobe After Effects,the Core i5 13600K holds it's own against the Ryzen 7 7700X.

@MartinPrince The Core i5 13600K thrashes a Ryzen 5 7600 and Ryzen 7 7700X in Photolab and Lightroom:

Even in Adobe After Effects,the Core i5 13600K holds it's own against the Ryzen 7 7700X.

kinda expected on MT with the extra E cores on the lower skus

kinda expected on MT with the extra E cores on the lower skus

Also the Core i5 13600K is competitive in gaming. Power consumption is higher but I assume even with a TDP/power cap,the Core i5 13600KF will comfortably beat a Ryzen 5 7600X in many non-gaming scenarios. Plus there is the fact it can be used in cheaper DDR4 motherboards too.

Last edited:
Also the Core i5 13600K is competitive in gaming. Power consumption is higher but I assume even with a TDP/power cap,the Core i5 13600KF will comfortably beat a Ryzen 5 7600X in many non-gaming scenarios. Plus there is the fact it can be used in cheaper DDR4 motherboards too.

fair enough good points personally wanna move to DDR5 for my next upgrade so waiting on the x3d primary use gaming

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom