• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

It's not much more than a 7600X while matching or beating a 7700X, you have the option of cheaper 600 series motherboards as well as DDR4/5.

its £60 difference beating it in what ? gaming or productivity I dont care for productivity in this lower tier I rather less E cores both are as bad as each other

how much is 32gb DDR4 4000 ? I see DDR5 6000 CL32 £220

Last edited:
Are there benchmarks with a "dirty" / bloated system?
I originally wanted a 7700x because I wanted more multitasking headroom (games plus a few dozen chrome tabs etc), but the pricing of the CPU and mobo was way above expectations. Rather than downgrading to 7600x, I figured an i5 would give that headroom for background tasks. The cheapo z690 boards seem to make that a no brainer option. Benchmarks only show nice clean systems, rather than a realistic environment?

Indeed. The gap between 12th gen and 13th gen has left a sour taste in my mouth.

I’m on the fence about upgrading but knowing that LGA1700 won’t support the next gen kind of makes up my mind at least.

The price hikes on the 13th gen chips this week alone is a bit much too.

Shocked to see the power requirements on these, even the 13600k draws masses more power than the 12600k
Looking around they benefit massively from a tune. Power is a fraction of what it is at stock and performance nearly identical.

Edit. See above video. As always stock volts/power is very aggressive.

Last edited:
Here's a good vid for all the Eco warriors concerned about the 13900k power draw. Also the gaming tests are with a 4090.

They're blender experts now. Games are old news.

Yes gaming not so much for productivity work all them e cores added would have thought would be better in performance sucks too much power

Games / single core it's pretty impressive

really need to be tuned and not just run out of the box to get best out of it

Last edited:
Yes gaming not so much for productivity work all them e cores added would have thought would be better in performance sucks too much power

Games / single core it's pretty impressive

really need to be tuned and not just run out of the box to get best out of it
Wasn't that the same as ryzen though with the curve optimizer?.

Back
Top Bottom