• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

it was always gonna use more power , they added more clock speed with more E cores and its a refresh but good performance uplift for being one but going forward they cant just keep throwing power at it , same for both just Intel uses more

Yeah but bencher and Dave said it's gonna use the same power as a 12900k even with its 40% more cores just cause you know, Intel magic

so if you are building a new PC from scratch, go with AM5? that seems the crux of it! unless you're happy to refit out your entire case when you eventually want to upgrade.

As exciting as the same nonense is every few posts, to change the direction a little, the 13600k from a handful of samples are hitting 5.5 consistently for all core. No data on 13700k's yet.

But I still rather have that option open regardless for next 2-3 years and the amount of progress GPUs are making we are seeing CPU benchmarks
I wouldn’t let it hold me back. The gains over the last couple of years haven’t been that great. Say you didn’t upgrade, and you let that be the deciding factor “the dead end platform” wouldn’t be an issue.

I’d rather buy the fastest for my use case at that time. Maybe if I upgrade my 4090 in two years and it’s going to hold me back.

It kinda does matter when Motherboards aren't free. the less motherboards you have to buy the more CPU or GPU you can buy.
That kind of falls down though when the CPUs and motherboards cost more, a B660 + 13600KF reuse your DDR4

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £526.44 (includes delivery: £10.50)​

B650 7600X + DDR5 6000

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £849.47 (includes delivery: £10.50)​

You're already saved £325 so thats your new intel motherboard in a few years while selling the DDR4 + B660 when you come to upgrade in a few years will also cover some new DDR5 which has likely gotten much cheaper and faster by then.

I wouldn’t let it hold me back. The gains over the last couple of years haven’t been that great. Say you didn’t upgrade, and you let that be the deciding factor “the dead end platform” wouldn’t be an issue.

I’d rather buy the fastest for my use case at that time. Maybe if I upgrade my 4090 in two years and it’s going to hold me back.

Fair enough I ain't in no rush so just will wait for the announcement of 7000x3d and decide hopefully boards and ddr5 pricing is better as well

Back
Top Bottom