• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

That kind of falls down though when the CPUs and motherboards cost more, a B660 + 13600KF reuse your DDR4

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £526.44 (includes delivery: £10.50)​

B650 7600X + DDR5 6000

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £849.47 (includes delivery: £10.50)​

You're already saved £325 so thats your new intel motherboard in a few years while selling the DDR4 + B660 when you come to upgrade in a few years will also cover some new DDR5 which has likely gotten much cheaper and faster by then.

What makes you think i would spend £270 on a motherboard?

I got one of these. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...2-amd-am4-b550-atx-motherboard-mb-59q-gi.html

£220 (incl. VAT)
£180 (incl. VAT)
£249 (incl. VAT)
£200 (incl. VAT)
FREE DELIVERY
£158 (incl. VAT)
£123 (incl. VAT)
That kind of falls down though when the CPUs and motherboards cost more, a B660 + 13600KF reuse your DDR4

My basket at OcUK:

B650 7600X + DDR5 6000

My basket at OcUK:

You're already saved £325 so thats your new intel motherboard in a few years while selling the DDR4 + B660 when you come to upgrade in a few years will also cover some new DDR5 which has likely gotten much cheaper and faster by then.

Yes good option but unlocked CPU on locked board seems a waste would give me OCD that I couldn't tune it

Might as well go with cheaper locked CPU guess they will release none k 13600

Hwunboxed posted a tweet, his MSI motherboard was wonky with the volts - and his power graph scaling chart is completely wrong. I assume - he realized after I told him repeatedly in the site comments.

As I was saying... whoever is posting the 13900k pulling 500 watts, has just done something wrong. But dont fret amd fans, dont let reality cloud your feeling, keep on poop posting with fake and faulty graphs

It's still using a ton of power either way?
A ton of power, as in, exactly as much as any other high end cpu pretty much? The 7950x peaks at 230w, the 12900k at 240 and the 13900k at 250. Big whoop. The above numbers are with power limits enforced. I have to assume - reviewers choose the watercooling option in the bios which completely removes power limits, which is just stupid but whateva

So yes then. All the new top end is crazy power hungry.
If you want to run heavy mt workloads out of the box - then yes - the 5950x is your only sane option. If you don't mind getting into the bios, they are all good, RPL and Zen 4 are extremely efficient if you limit them to some sane wattages. Should run that way out of the box, but we have to win those benchmarks :cool:

Why is Steve Burke saying its 300 watts?
Because he is measuring the EPS cables. Which you could argue is the best way to get an accurate reading of how much your CPU is consuming, but it's entirely dependant on the motherboard VRMs. So for you - as a home user - if you have the same motherboard configured the same way as Steve Burke - the EPS reading is the most accurate you can get. But for comparing between CPUs, not so much.

Those that have to pay for it presumably
When I had to pay for it I had every single platform Z and X including at least 4 flagship gpus to bench four way.... I didn't have one cpu per platform either I had several. So my attitude exactly the same then.... In tech you can always wait for better... But if gaming or overclocking is your hobby may as well enhance the fun now...

My basket at OcUK:

B650 7600X + DDR5 6000

My basket at OcUK:

I tried those fury beast expo actually very good kit for the money... Plus no rgb... Bonus!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom