• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

You'll have to use google translate but apparently in around 10/11 months in late Q3 2023 a Raptorlake refresh is coming, Nothing really changed but a clock speed increase and some tweaks and Meteorlake is now scheduled for 2024.

Hmm doesn't make much sense. 13900KS will already be 200Mhz over the 13900k. Highly doubt they can improve the process enough by then to go a further 200Mhz to 6.2Ghz boost (on one core) without extreme TDP.

Then again, if AMD are only launching up to 8 core 3D Cache CPU's, it may be enough. Very boring for us though :p

Finally got around to testing undervolting on my 13900k. Now running a -0.14v voltage offset, completely stable, greatly reduced power draw and temperatures. Really is a no-brainer!

Last edited:
Finally got around to testing undervolting on my 13900k. Now running a -0.14v voltage offset, completely stable, greatly reduced power draw and temperatures. Really is a no-brainer!

I tried this but found it wasn't holding 5.5Ghz across all cores when under full sustained load as it needed more power
-0.05v is the lowest I can go without losing any of the core boost whilst encoding multiple x265 at the same time. This also keeps temps in the low 80s

It's a weird coincidence because my ram needs an additional 0.05v to remain stable
Robbing Peter to pay Paul :cry:

Last edited:
image.png

One of the guys from our group was able to get 8200 daily stable. Quite nice. Good to see quick progress with RPL and DDR5 (Adie). For reference, the peak of ADL and MDie was around 7000 daily.

Last edited:
Just from a benchmark standpoint, Adie tuned with both slots populated starts having issues trying to pass GB3 past 8400.

Actual daily stability beyond 8000 (passing tm5, yc, large/avx2) is also not quite there yet.
Are you sure?

One example.

I have seen many other exampes of 8K+ which is daily stable.

Someone shared a oc guide in here from over clock.net I followed the very first part which stated set the 13th gen to llc 4. Dc ll to 1.02 and ac ll to 0.2. The difference that made for me was fantastic. Limits enforced I now max at 80 degrees on a 360 aio. Auto volts are a curse

I tried this but found it wasn't holding 5.5Ghz across all cores when under full sustained load as it needed more power
-0.05v is the lowest I can go without losing any of the core boost whilst encoding multiple x265 at the same time. This also keeps temps in the low 80s

It's a weird coincidence because my ram needs an additional 0.05v to remain stable
Robbing Peter to pay Paul :cry:

That's strange. I get slightly better scores (at stock) with -0.14v undervolt (adaptive voltage offset). Boosts to same 5.8Ghz on a single core.

My 24/7 profile of 6.1Ghz on one core is also stable with this offset.

I was thinking today about switching to intel for the first time in years preferably 13700k but I see it uses loads of power compared to AMD. My current 3600x only uses 50-60w under load.

I only use my comp for gaming and browsing but with electric prices as they are I can't afford to be running a CPU that consumes 200w. Is this correct?

The 200w region will only be if you are maxing out the cpu for benchmarks etc.. Seeing what the chip can do. For gaming it's going to be much less. Half that at a guess, all game dependant. You would see a huge increase of what you use currentley

Last edited:
I was thinking today about switching to intel for the first time in years preferably 13700k but I see it uses loads of power compared to AMD. My current 3600x only uses 50-60w under load.

I only use my comp for gaming and browsing but with electric prices as they are I can't afford to be running a CPU that consumes 200w. Is this correct?
It doesnt draw 200w while gaming or browsing. Actually i bet in browsing it consumes 1/3rd of the power of your 3600.

My 12700k, up to 5.3Ghz for a few cores, doesn't typically get close to that amount of wattage.....

Wattage-used.jpg

in many games the CPU load is very low. Take a look in the above screen, you will see the CPU usage to just over 60w.

A zoomed screen of the wattage part....

zoomed-wattage.png

For games like Civ Vi tho that can be different.

Similar principles should apply for RL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom