• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

My 12700k, up to 5.3Ghz for a few cores, doesn't typically get close to that amount of wattage.....

Wattage-used.jpg

in many games the CPU load is very low. Take a look in the above screen, you will see the CPU usage to just over 60w.

A zoomed screen of the wattage part....

zoomed-wattage.png

For games like Civ Vi tho that can be different.

Similar principles should apply for RL.

Yeap. In most games, 12th and 13th gen are actually much more efficient than Ryzen CPU's, excluding the 5800X3D which either wins or is similar to a tuned 12/13th gen.

what about AAA games though at ultra settings?

6B35Nvw.png

12th and 13th gen are very efficient power wise in games. They really are gaming beasts, top performance and high power efficiency. Even at stock they are efficient, though if you undervolt or set wattage limitations you can get to ultra efficient levels.

der8auer Did a good video in his review, the above image is a screencap from that video

I was thinking today about switching to intel for the first time in years preferably 13700k but I see it uses loads of power compared to AMD. My current 3600x only uses 50-60w under load.

I only use my comp for gaming and browsing but with electric prices as they are I can't afford to be running a CPU that consumes 200w. Is this correct?
12 game average power draw from TPU.
09416DD.png

Hi guys. I have an question.

Hi. I have 12900K stock 4880mhz ( 60-70C in game )

32 GB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600mhz in GEAR 1

Palit Gamerock Pro OC rtx 4090

1300W Seasonic Platinum Prime

Aorus Elite DDR4 Z690

Windows 11 2H22. Updated new nvidia drivers.

I have performance question in Cyberpunk 2077

I used 1440P,DLSS QUALITY,RT PSYCHO,rest ultra for testing fps.
Test place was near hotel , when you leaving apartment in beggining on game and talking with Jackie.
So driving there in loop i have fps between 80-90fps with gpu usage 80%.

I compare the same scenario and place with someone with Rtx 4090 and 13900K and he have average 20-25 fps more than me, 100-110fps. Is this possible that 13900K is so fast or its my system ? thx
I have updated drivers.

Last edited:
Z690 hero. I use LLC6 for my highest OC profiles, and 4 for the 24/7 ones. Not tried each number in great detail yet, sounds like it could be worth doing!
it defo is worth doing, use HWmonitor have that open and watch VID and core voltage, set LLC 4 and set DC LL to 0.98 and AC LL to say 0.3(these options are in the sub menu's 2 below digi vrm) then set voltage to adaptive, save and boot, run R23 and write down VID and core voltages, you are looking for these to near enough match each other. If not back to bios and most likely increase DC LL to 1.00 save and run again, keep increasing till they match. Once that is done keep decreasing AC LL((0.03 at a time 0.27, 0.24 etc) till it fails to run R23 then put it up a couple of notch's, mine runs AC LL at 0.14 and DC LL at 1.02 for reference. Power usage and temps will fall as it tunes the LLC chosen to your motherboard.
I also use cpuz as its sometimes quicker at reporting core voltage, so check that alongside VID in HWmonitor. Adaptive core voltage must be used!

iEdge is looking solid and tempted mainly because I've never had an itx system.

Yeah, Hero bios is coming along really nicely as well.
it is, no issues so far with mem and cpu OC, just 1 problem with audio, hooked up to a decent set of studio monitors and it sounds like a high pitched printer is running in the background with no audio playing, tried a couple of cables but still the same.

it is, no issues so far with mem and cpu OC, just 1 problem with audio, hooked up to a decent set of studio monitors and it sounds like a high pitched printer is running in the background with no audio playing, tried a couple of cables but still the same.

Tried removing all the 'asus' branded audio drivers and realtek console?

Hi.I compared fps in gameplay in Cyberpunk 2077 ( 1440P dlss quality,rt ultra ) on my Rtx 4090 with Ryzen 5800X3D with Rtx 4090. I have 12900K stock,ddr4 3600mhz.

And i have the same fps . Is this normal? I have the same performance on my 12900K stock Rtx 4090, like 5800X3D with Rtx 4090.

Hi.I compared fps in gameplay in Cyberpunk 2077 ( 1440P dlss quality,rt ultra ) on my Rtx 4090 with Ryzen 5800X3D with Rtx 4090. I have 12900K stock,ddr4 3600mhz.

And i have the same fps . Is this normal? I have the same performance on my 12900K stock Rtx 4090, like 5800X3D with Rtx 4090.
Sorry but this doesn't really belong in a thread about Raptor Lake.

Back
Top Bottom