Raspberry Pi - $35 Linux computer

Soldato
For anyone planning to use this with RASPBMC who has an iphone... the XBMC Remote app is an absolute must.

Gets rid of the need for a keyboard and mouse completely.

G

Soldato
also where are you all planning to buy the case?
I'm liking the modmypi ones. I want something that will enclose the card rather than a top and bottom leaving it exposed at the sides. The ModmyPi ones seem to be coloured though, can't see any transparent cases yet. I would like something like that for the one I'll be using at work (high school in London).

Associate
I'm liking the modmypi ones. I want something that will enclose the card rather than a top and bottom leaving it exposed at the sides. The ModmyPi ones seem to be coloured though, can't see any transparent cases yet. I would like something like that for the one I'll be using at work (high school in London).

those looks nice shame they had left the RCA sticking out lol

Associate
Mine was delivered at the weekend and now I have an HDMI cable I've installed Raspbmc and am playing around with it. Have managed to get it running and playing video files as well as streaming from iPlayer, ITV Player and 4OD :)

Hopefully this will be able to replace my old Shuttle based media centre as it's much smaller, much lower power, and silent!

Oh, and I got my Element14 t-shirt, as well :)

Soldato
Mine was delivered at the weekend and now I have an HDMI cable I've installed Raspbmc and am playing around with it. Have managed to get it running and playing video files as well as streaming from iPlayer, ITV Player and 4OD :)

Hopefully this will be able to replace my old Shuttle based media centre as it's much smaller, much lower power, and silent!

Oh, and I got my Element14 t-shirt, as well :)

please give us a walk through getting 4od working etc, pretty please.

Associate
I'd missed the boat on getting in on the earliest pre-orders, but once RS/Farnell both were announcing their 'waiting list' signup things, I put myself down on RS' (Farnell wanted my personal data and to use it for various purposes to which I said **** that), and today got my invitation to place my order.

Just in case anybody pitched theirs in around the same time or soon after and is still waiting, shouldn't be long now.

Back
Top Bottom