Raspberry Pi - $35 Linux computer

Associate
Using Raspmc and Im having trouble setting up NFS shares to my Synology NAS. Its all done correctly and I can see the folders on the NAS but not any files. When i use UPNP i can see the files and stream but its very choppy and buffering. Im hoping NFS shares will be faster.

Associate
I have to do some manual hacking on my Qnap NAS to get NFS working. Look like there is some stuff you need to do for Synology NAS devices as well:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFS#Synology

ive connected to the root but I cant edit the line.

Type vi /etc/exports to edit the /etc/exports file, and change all the "insecure_locks" entries to simply read "insecure". If you don't know vi: press the INS[SERT] key, use arrows to go to the line to edit, and delete/edit the line. Then press the ESC key, and type :x to 'Save & Exit'.

I can navigate around but when on the word to delete nothing allows me to. Any ideas as im a linux noob:rolleyes:

Soldato
Anyone got a contact number/email for Farnell to ring them RE: the pi?

nvm:

08447 11 11 11

press 1

ask :)

Just got told week commencing 26th June is my dispatch.

Last edited:

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Greetings,

Anyone have a guide on how to set-up XBMC on this? I wanted to try and load a dvd rip to watch at work :D no idea how to do it though. (and how can a dvd rip be 1080p?)

Associate
I'm having a similar issue with NFS shares on a server 2008 box.

I can see the folders but nothing else.

Please can you post back if you get it working?

Thanks,

G

Ive got NFS shares working fine on my Synology now. Followed that guide and after a quick vi command lesson, managed to edit the root file using SSH.
I can now see all the files but am having other issues now in XBMC.

When i select the scraper I then come out of that submenu and get a request to rescan the folders. Nothing else seems to happen though and when I go back into the scraper menu its all blank again,

Associate
1080p MKV's with DTS are fine here on recent openelec's. I am using the headphone jack though for a stereo downmix, are you putting DTS out to an amp via HDMI?

Are you overclocking? Im set at 850mhz maybe that makes a difference?

Soldato
1080p MKV's with DTS are fine here on recent openelec's. I am using the headphone jack though for a stereo downmix, are you putting DTS out to an amp via HDMI?

Are you overclocking? Im set at 850mhz maybe that makes a difference?

The audio is not going through an amp. Perhaps the extra 150mhz is making the difference.

Cool, only issue i have is that win7 doesnt see my 8gb sd card so ill have to get a card reader

Is that it doesn't see the SD card at all, or it doesn't see that it's 8GB? If it's the latter you'll need SDFormatter.exe to remove the partitions and return it to it's original state.

Back
Top Bottom