Rebel Moon | Netflix

Associate
i never go by critic's reviews but go more off the "average movie watcher", so many times critic's have raved about something that i hated/bombed and hated something that was actually really good. then i watch a few trailers and make my mind up on the assumption that i've seen the best of the movie within the trailer :D

Associate
Sounds like another one bites the dust. Seems hard to make something decent nowadays.

I’ll wait it anyway just in case.

Caporegime
Ponderously slow. Almost completely lacking in original ideas. Poorly written, with shallow, unexpressed characters that its hard to care about. I realised I remember the name of just one character in the whole movie; that's how badly it puts them across. The visual design is poor, made worse by constant smears of overdone lens flare, and apart from a couple of flashes of inspiration in the "not the Mos Eisely Cantina honest would I lie to you" scene heavily derivative. Like, maybe a decade ago it'd have seemed visually impressive but not it's just a slew of things you've seen before. The fight scenes are all utter garbage, not even reaching the kind of pretty-but-dumb you expect from Snyder.

I don't have anything positive to say about it really, but it's not actually terrible, but it sort of skirts along at just that level where you think it might, maybe, rise to being something worth watching at some point but then never gets there which is almost worse. It's infuriating to see such a big budget sci-fi movie get made and then be such drekk. It's just so incredibly generic that there's not even fun to be had laughing at its stupidity as with movies like Jupiter Ascending, the other terrible big budget sci-fi movie it reminds me of.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Didn't personally think it was that bad. Pacing was a little off and there was some dodgy scenes. Its not a masterpiece but it still worth a watch imo.

The ending was a little weak and spoiled it for me. It was pretty implausible. From that height and he suffered so many injuries. Yet nothing but a little juice didn't fix lol silly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom