Rebel Moon | Netflix

Soldato
They bollocked it up by admitting to the fact there was an R rated version (Synder cut) to come after the two movies, which are spread apart for no coherent reason other than to call them movies rather than a mini-series.

I'll wait for the "R rated/Synder cut" which is apparently decent and adds an hour to each movie. That's supposedly coming mid-late 2024.

Perhaps if they'd launched with that rather than trying to weirdly make a version for kids and a version for adults?

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I can't see that an extra hour would improve it in any way, even less an extra hour added to make it R rated.
First act reminded me more of Warhammer 40k than SW. It was well shot and concept had merit. Overall story/screenplay could have been structured a little better. I didn't know it cost $166 million dollars!

Still would watch Part 2 if it comes out.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
First act reminded me more of Warhammer 40k than SW. It was well shot and concept had merit. Overall story/screenplay could have been structured a little better. I didn't know it cost $166 million dollars!

Still would watch Part 2 if it comes out.
That budget is for both parts 1 & 2.

Part 2 due for release in April 2024.

Soldato
They bollocked it up by admitting to the fact there was an R rated version (Synder cut) to come after the two movies, which are spread apart for no coherent reason other than to call them movies rather than a mini-series.

I'll wait for the "R rated/Synder cut" which is apparently decent and adds an hour to each movie. That's supposedly coming mid-late 2024.

Perhaps if they'd launched with that rather than trying to weirdly make a version for kids and a version for adults?

The Director's Cut killed my interest completely. If it turns out to be the better version, I'd rather watch it without already knowing what happens. I'll probably wait until they release the DC version of both movies now.

Soldato
My thoughts so far with just over half way through the movie.

WTF..

Characters are bland, dialogue was written by a toddler and scenes just make no sense, there's no rhyme or reason.

I hope the snyder cut will be better, but I'm doubtful as the editor for this film was same that did the snyder cut of justice league and terminator 2, so they obviously know what they doing.

Caporegime
Last 3 Netflix "big" releases:

1) The Killer - Big Actor, Big Director - general consensus on OcUK, below par.
2) Leave the World Behind - Big Actors, Big Director(maybe) - general consensus on OcUK, below par.
3) Rebel Moon - Big Actors(maybe), Big Director - general consensus on OcUK, below par.

pattern emerging....
(only watched 2) myself and it was below par.

rp2000

Last edited:
Caporegime
Are we saying Snyder didn't have final cut on his own Netflix movie?

Seems like both have final cut by him, but from this it seems like one was cut PG-13 for a wider audience while the other will allow Snyder to go as far as he likes, with both cuts planned from the start. To me, confirms my opinion above that a more R-rated version is going to bring to improve the story; it seems more likely to be an exercise in pointless gratuity that only exists because of the hype around the previous Snyder cut.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Is this what they are doing..

Not sure I can hold out.. But it seems like that is the best idea.

Soldato
Is this what they are doing..

Not sure I can hold out.. But it seems like that is the best idea.

According to interviews, it makes them almost entirely different movies. That said, it's probably marketing spiel in order to get people to double dip.

Given the reception of the current release, I'm happy to just wait it out tbh.

Caporegime
Seemed like it was pretty generic to me with long winded marvel esque fight scenes and a plot straight outta bethseda

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Half way through now grabbing a chai... So far decent. Good action, more visceral than Star Wars. Like a m,ix of Serenity/Star Wars of sorts.

Nothing new but good entertainment and scifi so far.

Edit*
Finished and it's alright, nothing special but for the action/visuals was worth an evening's watch.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Half hour in, the dialogue is sooooooo wooden, and I think I just found out the name of the woman on the poster just now.

Edit - finished it, it is very mediocre and boring. It doesn’t even tries to be original and it’s oh so dull. It’s not so bad that it is fun, it’s just meh. The names of everything in it are not memorable at all, how is it I watched 2hrs and only remember the name Kora.

I’ll probably still watch part 2 though…

Last edited:
Soldato
I enjoyed it. Bit of action and shooting and some nice scifi visuals. Yeah it was alright. I do admit it was a bit disjointed and like, how easy it was to find these people to join her crew. Do you want to fight with us, yeah OK lets go. haha.

Back
Top Bottom