Red Dead Redemption 2

Underboss
Played for 45min, did what I normally do and crank every to the max and see what it’s like.

Playable and stunning, even though I completed PS4 I’m still looking forward to doing this again.

Soldato
Runs surprisingly well for so far, and looks so sharp after the console version.

I switched APIs from Vulkan to DX12 and doesn't crash after restarting either.

Of course I'm not getting locked 60fps at most times but most stuff is on high at 1440p on a OC'd 1070 and totally playable.

I might upgrade that bloody card to get the best out of this replay though as I'd love to have locked 60fps, what a brilliant game it is.

Unless someone can tell me the settings that gog resources the most but aren't really noticeable?:p

Soldato
I'm pleased with how well my system is running the game - But the random crashes are such a pain in the behind. So annoying having to run through a whole section a second time because the game crashed outside of a save.
You can manual save after the first Chapter.

RDR2: how to save your game
The save game option is a little hidden away, but you can find it by hitting the 'STORY' tab on the pause menu. From there there's a huge place to click on the left of your screen that gives you the option to save your game—you can't miss it.

That said there are some occasions in the game when you cannot save, such as the very beginning. Just make sure you dig through this part and you'll be able to save what you've done later on. Just make sure you do so before a big event is about to take place in the game, or you've gone through a big session without hitting save.

Source

Associate
I've only had time to play chapter 1 so far, but I've really enjoyed it. Looking forward to having a bit more freedom from now onwards though. I can see why people suggest keeping a save at the start of chapter 2.

Yeah it really opens up after the prologue, which is a glorified tutorial, but an enjoyable one. I loved the weather conditions up in the mountains, it does a good job of showing off the games atmospheric capabilities.

After the 2 hour prologue which I felt was quite restricting and being out in to the open world it feels like a much improved and built on GTA world. I never expected it to feel so alive but casually riding through the landscape leads to all sorts of unpredictable scenarios. It almost feels like the world responds to how you behave like you would expect it to in real life. I fired some shots nearby a fort in the wilderness and after a couple of minutes a patrol was sent out to investigate, and I wasn't even that close but they still took an interest. I haven't touched the main storyline yet and probably won't for a long while, there's plenty of side quests and areas to explore.

I know a lot of people refer to open worlds as being vibrant and feeling alive, but RDR2 puts all the ones I've played to shame, even GTA5 didn't have this level of vitality. And as you said, there's loads to do. The main story itself is very long, and that's without factoring in the stranger missions, treasure maps, the chance encounters, the challenges, the bounties, the gang hideouts, the robberies, the legendary animals, the activities, and that's all just in single player mode. Packed and packed with content. Which is very much welcome as I felt GTA5 was pretty light in the single player department, but they've made up for it 10 fold here.

Superb. Atmospheric. RP potential galore. Some of the best aesthetics I've seen in a game

Agree 100%. I was amazed playing it on console but on PC it is utterly breathtaking to behold. Sometimes I just stop on my horse, go into first person mode and enjoy the scenery. An aesthetic marvel

Fantastic. Totally immersed in it. The environment is amazing and random stuff quite welcomed and unique.

Just been killed by a mountain lion though as I thought would happen at some point.

Just wait until you're playing it at 2am in the morning, in pitch black, with the volume up (or headphones on), enjoying a pleasant ride in the forest, and you get mauled out of nowhere by a bear or another wild animal. :D

Associate
Eh yeh, that's not right mate. You are only halfing the horizontal, but the vertical also gets halved so its 0.25 of 4k is 1080p and ~50% is 1440p.

Think of it in mega pixels
1080p =2mp
1440p=4mp
4k= 8mp
All rounded up

Still trying to get my head around it, so this is why the x1.25 looks perfect for me on 1080p using the scaling res right?

Back
Top Bottom