Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
Found this on pcgamingwiki

Increase sharpening beyond the in-game limit through the config file[14]
  1. Go to the configuration file(s) location.
  2. Open system.xml in a text editor.
  3. Find the sharpenIntensity line (e.g. <sharpenIntensity value="1.000000" />).
  4. Increase the value as desired (e.g. <sharpenIntensity value="3.800000" />).
  5. Save the file.
Accessing in-game Graphics settings will revert the changes.
Setting the file to read-only will preserve the chosen value for the next game launch.
It does make a difference.

Soldato
Found this on pcgamingwiki

Increase sharpening beyond the in-game limit through the config file[14]
  1. Go to the configuration file(s) location.
  2. Open system.xml in a text editor.
  3. Find the sharpenIntensity line (e.g. <sharpenIntensity value="1.000000" />).
  4. Increase the value as desired (e.g. <sharpenIntensity value="3.800000" />).
  5. Save the file.
Accessing in-game Graphics settings will revert the changes.
Setting the file to read-only will preserve the chosen value for the next game launch.
It does make a difference.

Have you tried this with and/or versus the new Nvidia sharpening filter?

Soldato
The whole having to eat, feed your horse, stroke your horse, bonding with your horse..

it wouldn’t have been a lesser game if such elements were left out.

To an extent, I agree from a pointless mechanics point of view. But storywise, feeling a bond with a horse is overall important imo

Associate
I had “exited unexpectedly” today several times today. I then tried to load the online and found I could switch back into story mode and was finally able to launch without problems.

yesterday, after the ‘phantom’ update (no way it downloaded that quick!) I was good and had zero issues. I’m struggling to believe how many issues this port has had.

anyone else still getting issues?

Associate
I had “exited unexpectedly” today several times today. I then tried to load the online and found I could switch back into story mode and was finally able to launch without problems.

yesterday, after the ‘phantom’ update (no way it downloaded that quick!) I was good and had zero issues. I’m struggling to believe how many issues this port has had.

anyone else still getting issues?

It downloads while you play, it only installs when you quit the game.

Soldato
Has anyone had a bug in the quest for the money lender that ends up going get a white Cougar as payment ? and you get killed but instead of an option to load the last checkpoint at the mouth of the cave you end up nowhere near & are stuck so cannot move?

Associate
Is it just me or does the game run much slower now after the latest update.? Was getting 60-80fps before on medium settings and textures on ultra but now it runs at 40-60fps with the same settings. Honestly I dont think I can play it like that as it feels awful.

Soldato
I've not noticed any settings for HDR in the NVCP, I just turn it on HDR for windows, used vulkan and it works in game.

What I mean is what settings in NV control panel I.E 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 or RGB 8\10\12 bit
I used to see the HDR option in the in game settings. But now I don't.
If I turn on HDR in windows 10. The screen goes darker.

Associate
What I mean is what settings in NV control panel I.E 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 or RGB 8\10\12 bit
I used to see the HDR option in the in game settings. But now I don't.
If I turn on HDR in windows 10. The screen goes darker.

HDR is now only dx12, god knows why. I have the same issue with win 10 going darker with HDR on, it makes rdr dark and washed out. I have no problems with HDR in console games though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom