Red Dead Redemption *SPOILER THREAD*

Soldato
Just came to the end of the 'Poppycock' Stranger mission where you decide whether to keep the $1000 or give it to Mr Tollets.

Chose to keep it and walk away and was told the quest was failed because of this. Can I still 100% the game?

I shot him and completed it that way :)

Soldato
Should be able to just reload the game and do it again i think.

For that mission I think you need to kill the guy instead of just walking away.

Soldato
I am trying to get a Trophy where you have to break two different horses in (cant remember the name of the trophy) but because the horses don't have names how are you supposed to tell which is which?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Carrying on from the discussion in the main thread I felt the characterisation was quite poor, the only characters I looked forward to doing missions with were Bonnie (real shame that her bit at the beginning was awesome and then you don't see or here from her for ages, that was what I like about GTA4, it never felt like the characters just disappeared when you weren't doing their missions) and the old gunslinger guy in Mexico (although his name escapes me)

I really enjoyed the bit at the end with your family, I wish more of the game had been like that and the early Bonnie missions. I enjoyed stuff like the cattle herding because it felt like it wasn't something I'd done before.

Soldato
I'm not at the end yet, but totally agree about certain characters being stand out ones especially Bonnie (who I thought was going to be there throughout - there was a good chemistry there and quite funny banter between them - no other characters in the game like it, the rest came and went without a care) but I haven't heard from her for hours of play now.

Soldato
Aye she was a real cowgirl but I loved how Rockstar played it with Marsdon and Bonnie, very professional level but at the same time they had a little "something" between them but it was really well put together and I think it was what really got me hooked into the games Story.

Last edited:
Soldato
Carrying on from the discussion in the main thread I felt the characterisation was quite poor, the only characters I looked forward to doing missions with were Bonnie (real shame that her bit at the beginning was awesome and then you don't see or here from her for ages, that was what I like about GTA4, it never felt like the characters just disappeared when you weren't doing their missions) and the old gunslinger guy in Mexico (although his name escapes me)

I really enjoyed the bit at the end with your family, I wish more of the game had been like that and the early Bonnie missions. I enjoyed stuff like the cattle herding because it felt like it wasn't something I'd done before.

Yep I agree with all that (well maybe not the cattle herding cause i hated messing it up! :p).

Bonnie and the cowboy guy (I just called him Big Lebowski man as he looks like him) were the best. It seemed to be like that for all the characters in the game. None really stayed around for that long. In GTAIV, pretty much all the characters were with you till the end, which made it great cause you got to know the characters very well.

Associate
Love it.. made my hairs stand on end when John died, and you became Jack.. excellent. His voice is gay though. Hopefully there is another game and you take on the US Army etc.

Tip: If anyone is doing the 'Guy trying to fly' Stanger Mission (forgot official name); go to the Northern part of the map, next to Blackwater and go to the centre of the river side. That's where the beavers our. Bait works the best. If you can only get a few, camp out and try again later. For feathers, any bird's feathers will do. For the Red Sage, just circle around the front of Fort Mercer in Rio Bravo. Might take some time, but worth it.. BTW, the guy doesn't fly.. he plummits to his death!

Edit: The above guy you're talking about is Landan Ricketts. I want the DLC to be about him, in his younger days.. or for Jack to hunt down some people who organised his Dad's ambush.

Soldato
OP
I am trying to get a Trophy where you have to break two different horses in (cant remember the name of the trophy) but because the horses don't have names how are you supposed to tell which is which?

Pretty easy trophy.... if you use a wiki like everyone else that trophy hunts. Don't be a fool and do it on your own. :D

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Buckin'_Awesome

Break the Kentucky Saddler, the American Standard bred, and the Hungarian Half-bred.
You will need a lasso, which you get from Bonnie in your sixth mission for her.The Locations are:

Kentucky Saddler is a Golden yellow Horse-- Is by Macfarlane's Ranch in New Austin

American Standerdbred is a all black horse--- Is located in Beecher's Hope in west Elizabeth

Hungarian Half Bred is a white horse with a dark face- is located between Escalera and Punta Orugullo in Mexico

http://www.reddead.net/forums/threa...-stranger-missions-outfits-and-much-much-more

Soldato
OP
BTW, the guy doesn't fly.. he plummits to his death!

Best.... part...in......the.....entire....game.

I was actually kinda ****** off that he died because I spent far too long collecting his ****! I actually went down to loot his body in hope he gives me something worth while in return. All I got was snake oil, so I threw some knifes into his face. lol.

btw, is loot random? I noticed hunters usually have bait and gang members usually have money but I dunno.

Associate
Finished it, but feel a bit disappointed with it, it could have been so much better.
It started off great, got a bit boring in the middle before having some of the best stuff at the end.

It seems like they made a compete game, then stripped out loads to sell back to us as DLC at a later date.

The part where you ride the cart out of the mine, i thought it would be more like an Indiana Jones-type roller-coaster, shooting the hell out of the bad guys, but it was just a couple of shots, then over.:(
Then when i saw another mine later on in the mountains, i thought, this is it, the other was just a taster:).....but nothing:(

Overall a good game, i wouldn't of give it 10/10 though.

Caporegime
Definitely not the ending that I expected. :( :( :(

Great game throughout though and now I'm going to try my best to get most of the trophies, just a shame I'm not controlling John. :(

*Runs off and cries*

Soldato
OP
Definitely not the ending that I expected. :( :( :(

*Runs off and cries*

I totally saw it coming. No way would he just live happily ever after. He has sinned too much and had to pay for his crimes.

I really thought playing as a grown up Jack was a nice touch. I was starting to worry the game would just end and you wouldn't be able to free roam.

Also, I started do some stranger missions that occur around 10 hours in and Jack voiced even those missions. Thats a really nice touch and shows how much went into the game.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Yea same, bit gutted he died but knew he would in the end!
Would have been nice to see a mention of him in the paper, oh well.
Just need to do the flying stranger mission now.

Soldato
Isn't there that guy in mexico banging on about hijacking a carriage?

I keep ignoring him because I don't want to do the mission because I'm a good guy :)

ags

Caporegime
I totally saw it coming. No way would he just live happily ever after. He has sinned too much and had to pay for his crimes.

I really thought playing as a grown up Jack was a nice touch. I was starting to worry the game would just end and you wouldn't be able to free roam.

Also, I started do some stranger missions that occur around 10 hours in and Jack voiced even those missions. Thats a really nice touch and shows how much went into the game.

I didn't see it coming at all. I kinda thought you'd have to fight Agent Ross but then you'd kill him and live happily ever after. :D

When I exited through the door and saw them all lined up I thought I'd probably have a duel with him and that was it, when I saw the ending though this happened:

Oh, did you notice that Agent Fordham wasn't amongst the crowd?

Back
Top Bottom