** Resident Evil Village Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
£37.99 on CDKeys. Was hoping for it to be a bit cheaper. Will see how I get along with other games and if it takes my fancy closer to the date.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Think I will go ps5 and re sell it on ......then maybe get it on pc when its dirt cheap.
If I had a PS5 I would do the same. But won't be getting one for another 2 years probably.

Think I will go ps5 and re sell it on ......then maybe get it on pc when its dirt cheap. Cant have 1 missing on my steam list.
Haha. I feel exactly the same. The only one's missing from my steam library are the two multiplayer games which reviewed badly and were expensive so I never bothered. I do not consider them Resident Evil games anyways. They would only serve to dirty my steam library :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I like that list, my only changes would be having 4 at 14th. 4 to me is utterly garbage, I hated it but it's still better than 6. Then I'd have 7 swap places with Resident Evil 0. I really, really enjoyed 7. I loved the setting and the atmosphere. My first playthrough was in VR as well, which was just superb. Kind of sad that Village won't get the same VR love
Thanks.

Do you go back and play RE7? Is it something you look forward to every few years. That is something that factors into my list. What I find with 7 is, it was a good experience the first time, maybe the second, but nothing about the characters/story etc pull me back for further playthoughs. That is why it is ranked where it is.

At least with RE4 I have fond memories of "Howdy stranger", "whatcha buying?", Whatcha sellin?", "i'll buy it at a high price!" :p

Also the Spanish stuff. As that is my mrs's first language so it was fun finding out what some of the things those zombies are saying from her (yeah I could have googled, but never did). I randomly use them sometimes when the opportunity presents itself for fun :p:D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
That's a good point. I've played 7 through again, but only once and haven't felt the urge to go back. Whereas 1, 2 and 3, including the remakes, I've played through several times from initial release to now, especially 2.
Yeah. Maybe if you factor that into your list, the positions will change a little :)

Oh and I updated my last post, so you may have missed some of what I said.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
TBH, RE7 put me off for some reason and I never even got to play it. Seemed detached from the rest and I didn't care much for Ethan. We got the Bakers and blob monsters instead of zombies and it looked more like a cheap gore flick with cat&mouse segments. It still has that Resi gameplay but something seemed amiss so I ended up skipping it after watching some of it on YT.

Well, at least I didn't need spare underwear because it also seemed quite scary at certain moments:p

8's atmosphere is more up my street but it's still Ethan Winters and still first person so I'm not sure I'll get it, especially having skipped 7.
I would say if you can pick up RE 7 for under a tenner (say £7? :p) it certainly is worth a playthrough, but yeah, it ain’t very Resi and yeah Ethan Winters...

I would not mind if they did a reboot and started all over again or anything that takes us back to the original formula. Saying that, we only just had remakes of 2 and 3 so that won’t happen any time soon. Those both were missed opportunities. They both needed at least another 1 years dev time imo, especially RE3 remake. I mean as much as I enjoyed RE 2 Remake, it could have been so much better.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
It's on Xbox Games Pass last I checked, that's where I played it through anyway.

Enjoyable game but it wasn't Resident Evil for me, I think if I'd bought it new at full price I'd have been pretty disappointed to be honest. Still unsure about 8, like others I'm not overly keen on Ethan and the first person survival horror style doesn't do it for me. I'll probably wait for a deep sale or for it to pop up on game pass.
Good shout for those who want to give it a go but do not want to buy it.

Yeah, RE3 Remake was really disappointing. I also wouldn't mind having the original formula back in some form. Same as Gray, RE7 doesn't do it for me with the first person, Ethan and overall style.

I enjoyed RE 3 for what it was. But at the same time it was a let down. They went too much action and not enough exploration and puzzles. They messed up nemesis. The original game is much better imo. They needed to keep everything in the original and add no it. Not remove stuff out...

It should have had about double the content it did. The start area in the city was tiny. That area should have been 3 times larger at least imo.

Preferably, they should just make a new game in the same style as RE2 Remake with a fresh story/location but classic characters and improved gameplay.
Yeah, that would be good.

Pre-ordered Village today from CDKeys for £37.99. As safe a pre-order as possible for me as I loved all the RE games, even 6! Started a second playthrough of 7 yesterday to sate my appetite a bit. Man, has there even been a more intense, messed up first hour to a game as this before! Love it!!
Bit much for me, as I get the feeling it won’t offer the same replay value as the classics. And I have already spent quite a bit on games the past 3-4 months. It may sound weird but had they hit the £34.99 then I may have considered it :p

Will wait for reviews and what you guys say.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
The city section was ridiculously small.... They teased people with the demo that made it look like it would be bigger but it actually contained the entire city area, lol. And it was also the only open section in the game where Nemesis actually stalks you. Such a disappointment.

I went through the game only once, on HC. I enjoyed my time with it but couldn't help but think about the wasted potential. Started a second run and just left it there, maybe I'll go back to clean stuff up but I don't know. Much worse value than RE2.
I think I completed it like 5-6 times and unlocked everything and all the achievements. Still wasted potential though, for sure. Don't get why they did that considering how well RE2R did.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Since I last posted in this thread 5 days ago (post #142 above), I got back into RE7 and completed it along-with its two DLCs.

Overall I'd say its an alright game, nothing too special. Kind of like FEAR meets RE. There aren't many enemy types in the game, usually jumpscares and you're wandering alone most of the time.

Doesn't seem like there's anything of note to miss here if you haven't played it.

RE8 definitely needs to be more interesting than this.
I think people rate 7 higher than it deserves due to how bad 6 was.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Resident Evil 2 remake was great
It was good. I enjoyed it a lot. But still felt let down. They could have done more to improve it. As a small example, if you remember in the original you had the choice to take the equipment slot expansion bag and a machine gun and it would ask you, do you want to leave this for Clair or vice versa. Things like that were cool. Things on playthough impacting the other.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I think it was particularly good for me as I never played the original release.
The first resident evil game i played was 4 on the ps2 (one of my favourite ever games). I think I then played 5 and 6 on ps2 or 3. Then it was 7 on the ps4 before 2 and 3 remakes on PC.
RE4 was like the worst of them all for me at that point. Felt like a completely different game that had Leon in it. Lol. Wish they had used it for another IP, as the game was good, just not a very good RE game imo.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, I'm at the point when not many new games interest me so I figured I should grab older stuff I missed for various reasons, especially when I've been having so much fun with Deus Ex HR.

Can't see me being disappointed at this price and the rest of the backlog should keep me busy till Cyberpunk lands in the bargain bin:p
I picked up Cyberpunk for £35 for steam and it was well worth it for me. But if not playing on release at this point might as well wait a year and by then they may have add more content to it. I doubt the price will get much cheaper unless you go vpn route though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Yes, I'll probably get it once they implement some missing features (hopefully) and fix things, I'm in no rush to play it now. From what I've seen and tried myself so far, the game is a few years behind when it comes to the things they hyped the most like choices, interactivity and believable AI. I can appreciate it for what it is, I think, when the price is right and the game is at least a bit closer to an actual 2020 release in terms of basic stuff.

For now, RE7 was a safer option at a fraction of the price.

In fact, I reckon RE8 will be on my list before CP but I do hope they'll work on the game and bring it closer towards what was envisaged. Having said that, I'm less than impressed by they way they handled all of this and their misleading claims.
Yeah. For me it was a enjoyable yet disappointing kind of game. Kind of Like Deus Ex Mankind Divided where it ended in such a silly fashion and had weak characters to support Jensen.

Hopefully they will spend the time to make the game what it is was originally envisioned to be. Either that or quickly use the same city and move on to a sequel as I did enjoy it and want more.

I may replay RE7 before playing RE8. Been a while since I played it. Not that I look forward to it much, but it is a excuse to probably give it one last go as I probably won't play it ever again after that, just like RE6 :p:(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
A little off topic but I don't think its work a thread of its own.

Gonna play through all the remake RE games again but I've never played Zero before. I know its a prequel so is it better for me to start with that or should I play them in the order they were released?
Don't think it makes much of a difference. Personal preference really.

For me personally I would do it like this:

Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 3 Remake

The first is the best and gets everything going, then using same engine and graphics you go back in time a bit with zero. Then move on to the new remakes. If you leave zero to last, it would be a less enjoyable experience imo.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I'm actually glad I got RE7. I reckon I'm about 80% in and I think the game's quite a bit better than RE3 Remake. Better locations, better exploration, more "puzzles" (if you can actually call them that but they're there at least), better atmosphere. And a better goddamn stalker. It also seems longer.

Might not edge RE2 for me (just because RCPD is an unbeatable location and there are classic chars and actual zombies) but it's certainly scarier and more tense than both of the remakes. And as basic as RE storylines are, this one has one of the better executed ones.

Ethan still sucks and he's so jarringly detached from everything that happens that it's genuinely hilarious but this is time well spent in my book, especially at this price.
No chance for me. I will replay RE3 Remake many more times to come in the future. Can't say the same about RE7.

Just such a they did not spend another year developing RE 3 Remake. It would have been a much better game. I mean all they had to do was make the start city part 3-4 times larger, have more puzzles and remove nemesis cut scenes and make him find you randomly.

Back
Top Bottom