Rift s whos getting one?

Soldato
Thanks for that utility - very useful. I was getting a 'USB device failed to initialise' error and that helped me track it down to my Rift CV1 (Which appears to work fine anyway). Turned off power management for the device so hopefully that'll fix it.

Soldato
After trying the Rift S it was nearly my ideal headset, I really hope Oculus come out with a revised Rift S, Rift X ? That has FoV of 130' at the very least, A refresh rate of 90Hz+, Resolution bump, And lastly an aesthetic that is a bit more attractive, That would be my ideal HMD.

Soldato
After trying the Rift S it was nearly my ideal headset, I really hope Oculus come out with a revised Rift S, Rift X ? That has FoV of 130' at the very least, A refresh rate of 90Hz+, Resolution bump, And lastly an aesthetic that is a bit more attractive, That would be my ideal HMD.

I feel the Rift S has too many compromises compared to the rift CV1 - lack of decent audio, fixed IPD, poor contrast, and low refresh rate.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good headset, but the lack of a proper, full upgrade from the CV1 is disappointing.

If Oculus could have made a CV2 with inside out tracking, wider FOV and higher resolution without compromising on the audio and refresh rate then that would have been ideal.

Soldato
I feel the Rift S has too many compromises compared to the rift CV1 - lack of decent audio, fixed IPD, poor contrast, and low refresh rate.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good headset, but the lack of a proper, full upgrade from the CV1 is disappointing.

If Oculus could have made a CV2 with inside out tracking, wider FOV and higher resolution without compromising on the audio and refresh rate then that would have been ideal.

Yeah it’s just a cheap side grade in everything but clarity but it’s also the cheapest entry for a pcvr experience

Permabanned
I know this sounds a bit tin-foil-hat, but if you buy games from Oculus store then you are effectively sending Facebook your real name and address, along with your credit card info, and bank details. And even if you create a fake Facebook account, Facebook can create a shadow account and link it with your real details you provided when buying a game from the Oculus store. I only buy from Steam, Gog, and Humble, although it's Steam that has the most VR games.

Permabanned
Your loss, Robo Recall is the best VR game I’ve played so far by a long way

And what makes you think they don’t have other data mining methodologies (hint: they have many).

annnnd what makes you think those other places don’t sell your data?

No benefit in being so paranoid, all you’re doing is worrying

Permabanned
Oh, I agree. But those other places only have the info I give them, they don't have my family, friends, neighbours info - all linked and tracked. They don't have photos of me, photos of my family, friends, holiday snaps, home snaps, etc... Those other places can't extrapolate data from family and friends accounts and create shadow accounts based on that data.
Does Steam, Gog, Humble sell your data ? I honestly don't know, but then neither does anyone outside those companies.
Paranoid is one thing, but Facebook are on whole different level of data mining, and I genuinely do not trust them. I know I won't be able to play Robo Recall, Stormland, or even Lone Echo, but that is a price worth paying.

IF, Facebook start to integrate into the Rift's drivers then I'm off to a different VR headset. For the moment, it's social features only. But the moment it starts with the actually using the headset, then that is as far as I'm going with the Rift.

Back
Top Bottom