Roccat Kone Mouse - Wheel Broken ...

Associate
broken wheel

I didnt realise this was ever going to be an issue. found this forum in a search (though i did actually buy it from ocuk), BROKEN WHEEL awhhh... 3 months in, to a mouse that cos 60 quid. sent a support request on the roccat site. what an amazing mouse its a shame. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Soldato
Mine has been fine and dandy and the Middle Click has worn in a bit, so nowhere near as tight.

Maybe all the people breaking them are just a little... heavy handed? :D :p

Associate
This is the thing, I don't bash my middle mouse button I press it with the same amount of force I have with every other mouse I've ever owned, all of which have been vastly cheaper and none of which have broken. I only give it about as much force as is required to trigger it.:confused:
Mine is fine for the moment but this news makes me wonder for how long...:(

Soldato
My copper head is fine. My g5 was fine (albeit *insert poo word* >.>)

Its a mouse design flaw which they cant fix.

By the feel, the right side support is lacking -a lot-.

And that i probably do middle click a hell of a lot more than anyone else (modelling for instance in 3d studio max, the only button I mainly use is middle click/middle click and drag etc. Moving the camera around in space, scaling etc. But anyhoo advice for anyone else:

DO NOT BUY ONE.

Soldato
If that were the case, I am sure Roccat would have issued a significant piece of press/damage control. If 100% of the line was affected they would have some legal issues to deal with I imagine.

If you Google "roccat middle wheel" you pretty much only get OCUK results pertaining to its breakage.

Soldato
If that were the case, I am sure Roccat would have issued a significant piece of press/damage control. If 100% of the line was affected they would have some legal issues to deal with I imagine.

If you Google "roccat middle wheel" you pretty much only get OCUK results pertaining to its breakage.

Then why do roccat acknowledge theres a problem? I'd bet anything that every single mouse will break.

Soldato
its in my email, same as Hathaway, same as my flat mate. etc

I basically have quoted what Michael Walde (roccat man) said to me. If you dont belive it email him.

M.Walde @ speed-link.com

Want an address to where I shipped it?
Want an RMA number so you can check it in their records?
Do you want the company info on the footer of the email he sent me?

from Tom Woodward <tom@ psypher5.co.uk>
to Michael Walde <M.Walde@ speed-link.com>
date 3 February 2009 13:05
subject Re: roccat kone RMA problems
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details 3 Feb

Thankyou :) Can you confirm the mouse wheel will be the "fixed" version on the new one?

2009/2/3 Michael Walde <[email protected]>
- Show quoted text -

--
†ºm.w

from Michael Walde <M.Walde@ speed-link.com>
to Tom Woodward <tom@ psypher5.co.uk>
date 3 February 2009 13:16
subject AW: roccat kone RMA problems
hide details 3 Feb

Hello,

yes, the new mouse has a improved wheel.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sincerely – Kind regards – Salutations

Tanti Saluti – Saludos – Met vriendelijke groeten

Michael Walde

Consumer Service

Have some trust. Yes it is a perfect mouse, except for the wheel. It breaks, a lot, with everyone who has the mouse. It is acknowledged by roccat who can't fix it so it seems.

After having my 5th, and now potentially screwed over and losing out on 50+ quid with the only viable solution is just keep on getting a new one, paying for postage, untill my warranty runs out is NOT a good way to be handled. Why should i say to people "yes buy one its worth it" when it clearly isn't and is just a thorn in my side.

To say the mouse was being beta tested for over a year is pathetic.

Last edited:
Soldato
dammit never knew this happens..mine is still going strong but its not if but when it seems by this thread!:eek:

edit: if they sort it out by RMA a better version my faith will be restored!

Associate
My mate was planning on purchasing on of these mouses.. I will tell him to go with a Logitech/Razer..

I bought a Logitech MX Revolution from MM here, and they mouse wheel was rubbing, and now it works 100%.. weird.. hope all you lot get all your issues sorted.

Soldato
Unfortunately we cannot offer you any cash refund as your transaction was with Overclockers, we can offer you a replacement mouse and as a gesture will put in a Roccat mouse pad of your choice and some other Roccat products.

apparently he has posted it already :)

Back
Top Bottom